What happens if you uninstall the uninstaller channel with the uninsta

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by OrcMonkey©, May 27, 2008.

1. OrcMonkey©
    OP

Banned OrcMonkey© Banned

What happens if you uninstall the uninstaller channel with the uninstaller channel?

2. Venko

Member Venko GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I believe the uninstaller is loaded into memory so it'll probably remove it fine.

However, I might be wrong so don't take any chances based on what I've said.

If I was you I would remove the uninstaller channel via an ELF (using the new homebrew channel or the TP exploit).

3. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Did you know if you type Google into Google you can actually break the internet!?
    I'm pretty sure that's not true...
    No, in all seriousness, you can break the internet

Sorry, though I'd just quote one of my favourite shows (The IT Crowd) seeing as it reminded of it lol. As for the actual question, I'm not totally sure, though I should think it is fine until you reset the Wii and it'll be gone as you expect. I expect the channel runs in some kind of temporary form in the Wii memory while it's being run, much like a PC.

Of course, I could be wrong, so check first.

4. jayparadox

Member jayparadox GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    It's completely safe to do that. I've done it many times [​IMG]

5. trent_fox

Member trent_fox GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm not 100% on this, but I'm pretty sure you'll create a tear in the space-time continuum and probably form a black hole.

6. Raganook

Member Raganook Raganook

United States
    Not quite. I did it the other day, and to my knowledge, no black holes have formed. However, I now constantly have to deal with my unself causing mischief, who most certainly spawned from the unreality I created when attempting this perilous feat.

(I've done this before, it's 100% safe. Channel will uninstall normally Also, if you too find yourself face-to-face with your unself, know they fear nothing more than the scent of oreo cookies. Arm yourself my friend!)