1. Shalashaska98

OP Shalashaska98 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I recall that some time ago, some user faced an issue with either SX/Atmosphere OR AutoRCM (I don't recall well) which is that if their console battery die while they are on SX/Atmosphere or AutoRCM then they won't be able to charge their console anymore and they will need a dongle to make it work again or put it to charge for like 24h to turn it on.

So can anyone please remind me of this issue and advise about the risks of draining my battery while on SX OS (either by playing or while leaving it sleep mode)

Thanks a lot

2. Damballah

Damballah Newbie
    Newcomer

Bangladesh
    This is not related to the post but what happened to your Wii u?

3. Shalashaska98

United States
    If you're referring to the post about the error code, I sold it to someone who had a spare gamepad for cheap. I game up on trying to fix it as seems eveb Nintedo doesn't have that error code in their database + phone support sucks

4. nantalos

nantalos Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    I don't have autorcm enabled, but I'm not sure if it makes a difference.

It happened to me a couple of times that I forgot to charge my switch and it ran out of batteries. I just need to charge it. For a few minutes (probably not more than 5) I am not able to turn it on, but then I can. There is no difference to when it dies while using my clean sysnand.

Shalashaska98 likes this.
  5. Shalashaska98

United States
    Thanks for confirming I don't use autorcm either so that's all I wanted to know

6. thebarraster

thebarraster Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Will something bad happen if I have autorcm and battery dies?

7. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    The console not powering off completely when AutoRCM is enabled is a known issue but it was supposedly fixed in recent versions of Atmosphere. SX OS has no such fix to my knowledge, as always they're behind on implementing new functions.
    TBH, there are just too many potential issues with AutoRCM to outweigh the benefits if you have a decent jig. You can't even boot 100% stock OFW with AutoRCM enabled, in case you like to use online, or you have some legit games you play on sysNAND that you would prefer to update online to avoid having to mess with nsp updates even for your legit games, there is a small chance you will get banned when booting OFW from the SX OS or Hekate payloads simply because bypassing the AutoRCM brick requires patches, and there's also the fuse check patches that are applied too.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  8. Shalashaska98

United States
    I guess if the battery dies then you won't be able to turn the console on, and have to either keep it charging for like 24h (sometimes this won't work) or use a dongle

9. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    People have reported not being able to charge up the battery if it dies, because the battery will not charge correctly while in AutoRCM. Sometimes it's fixed by leaving the console on the charger for a day, sometimes not. It's much safer if you just don't use AutoRCM.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - happens, battery, Switch