what happens if I try to install a wad without any modding ?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by GUiii11, Sep 7, 2010.

1. GUiii11
    OP

Newcomer GUiii11 Member

Germany
    I have a hardmoded wii 4.2U, I just want to know if there's any chance to do it so without installing wad manager or any homebrew alike, mostly all games go well on my wii so I m not so sure to try softmodding so could anyone explain me if its really a great chance to brick or just wont work , because it looks like a easy thing to brick a wii if you have an wad that was not downloaded on your wii

2. trumpet-205

Member trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

United States
    You MUST softmod your Wii if you want to install any wad other than unhacked IOS wad. In you case I'm assuming you want to install VC/Wiiware?

You can only brick your Wii if you did not follow instructions and doing research.

3. GUiii11
    OP

Newcomer GUiii11 Member

Germany
    well whatever i guess I'll never know anyway I've done my research but none of them really said what would happen , and really trying just didnt give me anything like i didnt even showed me something on my sd card, softmoding is really a pain in the ass its like , its that worth of that much of work when you already have been halfway there?
    but thanks anyway

4. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    nothing will happen. your wii will not brick because of this.

if your wii has older IOSes, then you might already have the signing bug and the wad will install fine. if the IOS that is running on your wii while trying to install these wads does not allow fakesigned content, it will simply return an error and not install. that is all, an error.

5. elmoreas

Member elmoreas GBAtemp Regular

United States
    you be skewered