Homebrew What happens if i format my a9lh console?

hallowersv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Like, do i lose a9lh or something like that? Im gonna do a dsiware downgrade , and that involves transfering, and with it, formatting.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't even have to do all that, just make a sysNAND backup with A9LH before the transfer and restore it after you're done with Decrypt9. Everything will be the exact same as it was before the transfer. The only difference is your NNID will be tied to the other system if you used one. Work smarter, not harder.

Reactions: Ghassen-ga

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Or just run fbi.3dsx to install fbi.cia.
Nevermind: turns out it can't get kernel access on 11.0 even though svcbackdoor is re-enabled with luma3ds.
It doesn't use svcBackdoor - that's only really usable by CIAs, as no application normally has access to it. It relies on memchunkhax/svchax to work, and that's obviously still patched.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're 100% right.

And even if you don't have it injected, you can use Decrypt9 to inject it, since you have A9LH.
I really dont know that people always give complicated answers to simple questions. like this:

You don't even have to do all that, just make a sysNAND backup with A9LH before the transfer and restore it after you're done with Decrypt9. Everything will be the exact same as it was before the transfer. The only difference is your NNID will be tied to the other system if you used one. Work smarter, not harder.

like WTF, just inject the app to health and safety and that's it.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I really dont know that people always give complicated answers to simple questions. like this:

like WTF, just inject the app to health and safety and that's it.
And I think it takes in fact more time to restore a NAND backup than formatting, setting up and injecting.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have fun updating that! :P
like installing the health and safety back? then just re-inject? the fbi? its not complicated, complicated its messing with the nand when there's no need, also he asked about formatting a system, not updating it ;D, any injected app to health and safety survives the format. even on a non A9LH, just the "invisible icon" will appear, but thats easy to fix launching with pasta mode.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
like installing the health and safety back? then just re-inject? the fbi? its not complicated, complicated its messing with the nand when there's no need, also he asked about formatting a system, not updating it ;D, any injected app to health and safety survives the format. even on a non A9LH, just the "invisible icon" will appear, but thats easy to fix launching with pasta mode.
I meant updating the FBI app itself. I'd hate to reinject every time, because AFAIK neither FBI's built-in updater nor Home3brew can update an injected FBI. But I agree, given the current situation it's more benefical to inject. I just like futureproofing.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I meant updating the FBI app itself. I'd hate to reinject every time, because AFAIK neither FBI's built-in updater nor Home3brew can update an injected FBI. But I agree, given the current situation it's more benefical to inject. I just like futureproofing.
An injected 1.4.7 FBI is nice just for reinstalling the latest FBI 2.x release after formatting. You don't need it to do anything else.

Reactions: SomeGamer

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always install the main 4 dev apps (DevMenu, SaveDataFiler, Config, and PlayCoinSetter [Injected into Health & Safety app]) to all the consoles I mod to allow for formatting, SD Card corruption, and SD card loss scenarios.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't use the injected FBI as your primary FBI, you use it as your "This survives formats" FBI, and use it to install the newest version as a CIA after you format...
I got the 2.4.2 on health and safety, and i dont quite see the need to update, nor to install other versions of item or forks. as this works well o.o;

FabioCapela

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You don't use the injected FBI as your primary FBI, you use it as your "This survives formats" FBI, and use it to install the newest version as a CIA after you format...
I had the custom banner version of DevMenu 0.24.67 installed on my o3DS and it thankfully survived a format (well, a system transfer from it to my new n3DS), allowing me to reinstall FBI without re-injecting.

(And what the heck with your system transfers, Nintendo! I had more issues with the transfer from my o3DS to the n3DS than I had installing a9lh on both my consoles!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol