What happened to the 3DS eshop??

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Vipera, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Vipera
    OP

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    It used to have its fair share of cancer titles, with some deliberately taking advantage of some of Nintendo policy, like Football Up being in the "special offer" section since the day it came out.

I'm what you could call a "power gamer" for this console and I would play anything from the 3DS shop that looks "ok", but today I ended up getting nothing. Why? Because everything is TRASH. With the release of the Switch you'd think that developers would do the same thing they did with the DS and going full "fuck it" to provide the craziest or most awesome ideas, but no. We've got fake retro games and first-part games that make you ask why does Nintendo hate the 3DS so much. I'm very disappointed.

/rant

By the way, if you know any good casual game for the 3DS I haven't played yet, please let me know.

2. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    Gurumin? Cave Story? Shovel Knight?

3. Vipera
    OP

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    Played all 3.

4. Benja81

Benja81 GBAtemp Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Benja81 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 24, 2015
    United States
    Ever played WarioWare: Touched? I've had it on my 3DS for a while now but just started playing it last night. Fun game!

Hopefully VC counts in this discussion. :)

5. natanelho

natanelho GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 25, 2015
    Antarctica
    Between the Sacred Silence and Sleep
    all the zeldas (majora mask and albw especially)? zelda a link to the past (somewhat aging graphics but great gameplay)? boxboy? boxboxboy? soon there will be a 3rd boxboy sequel... if you wanna hear lots of recomendations just ask for them... I have some

6. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    Gunman Clive 1/2 (but you probably already knew that), Tetris Axis/Ultimate, Binding of Isaac, Gunslugs 1/2, Pokémon Rumble World, Sega 3-D Classics, Quest of Dungeons, Ninja Usagimaru, Harvest Moon TToTT 3-D, Zen Pinball 3-D, River City: Tokyo Rumble, Witch and Hero 1/2, Rayman 3-D, 50 Classic Games 3-D, Out Run 3-D, Streets of Rage 3-D, Yu-Gi-Oh: World Duel Carnival, Shin Megami Tensei: Soul Hackers/IV/IV:A, Return to Popolocrois: Story of Seasons Fairytale, Swords and Darkness, Excave II, Severed, Moco Moco Friends, Justice Chronicles, Sonic Generations, Code of Princess, Breath of Fire II, Unlucky Mage, Kirby: Planet Robobot, Mercenary Saga 2/3, and a few others that you probably played.

7. Vipera
    OP

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    It was one of my first games for the DS awesome game. Wish they made one for the 3DS.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Benja81 likes this.
  8. Vipera
    OP

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    I don't like Zelda games, so I'll pass. I have Link's Awakening DX but...ehh...

I played the first two box boy.

9. Vipera
    OP

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    Wait, is River City THAT River City for the nes? Is it available in Europe? Also I have played the rest except Tetris (I have the dsi version) and Pokemon rumble (I find it stupid. And I'm a bf pokefan).

EDIT: aaaand I made a mess...sorry about that. Can someone tape my posts together?

10. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    People complained that Nintendo was being too restrictive with the eShop. But when they loosened up, it opened the floodgates to shit. This is what happens when you don't allow a filter.

11. natanelho

natanelho GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 25, 2015
    Antarctica
    Between the Sacred Silence and Sleep
    A link to the past is a lot different then awakening... I wont tell ya what to do but still...
    Retro city rampage? Have u tried it? Great game...
    Triforce heroes- its a zelda but not really... a multiplayer spinoff. Short levels, lots of fun with friends and online... coop and pvp... even my friends that dont like zelda love this game
    Picross- all of them. Pokemon is my favorite. Also theres the "new" 3d one
    Binding of isaac- new3ds only- no way you completed it... one of the major reasons for me buying n3ds and not o3ds. Great roguelike-like game, just play it.

12. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    Yes, you're right; I think both (NES and 3DS) RCR are on eshop. Not sure if EU has them, though. I'd definitely recommend both Tetris games if you don't have them. An upgrade from DSi, to say the least.