What happened to Portal3ds?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by spookysalad, Feb 17, 2017.

1. spookysalad
    OP

spookysalad Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2017
    United States
    I remember when this was everywhere, but the github hasn't been updated in more than a year, and it only says alpha stage, but it isn't even compiled. Did it get cancelled?

Exavold likes this.
  2. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    It was mainly a proof of concept. Aperture science ds was a much better version of you want to try it. I believe older versions of twloader could run it, though ever since ndsbootstrap was introduced it started giving a white screen. If you have a ds flashcart though it runs flawlessly.

3. Sketchy1

Sketchy1 gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    basically what @Giodude said.
    plus, software gets snubbed as soon as nobody sees the need to continue it. but realistically speaking, being that its open sourced anyone could continue it

4. phoen1x74

phoen1x74 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2016
    United States
    I've compiled it, and there are forks of it updated to compile w/ the latest CTRULIB. Buggy as hell tho. If someone wants the latest compiled they can have it, although it really isn't hard to compile. Just download CTRULIB from the same date of the last commit.

5. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    The TWLoader version doesn't matter. It's the nds-bootstrap version.

Giodude likes this.
  6. houd
    This message by houd has been removed from public view by Costello, Feb 18, 2017, Reason: advertising.
    Feb 18, 2017