Embrace the darkness within
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For some weird reason when I tried to complete an order today ShopTemp redirected me to AlertPay instead of Paypal. Has ShopTemp switched to AlertPay?

I will not use AlertPay no matter what. Does ShopTemp still support Paypal?

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Stevetry said:
shoptemp have really went downhill this past weeks

For not supporting Paypal? One of the biggest scammers on the internet?

For stopping the sale of flashcards? That was probably a paypal issue. It wouldn't surprise me if paypal were getting pissy at them for selling them, wasn't that the reason DealExtreme stopped stocking them? This is probably the only way they could have a payment system and continue to sell flashcards.

edit: oh, Paypal steal money from charities btw. Another reason not to use them for anything.

trumpet-205

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I tried to order Band Hero from ShopTemp. ShopTemp better continues to offer Paypal as an option; but if ShopTemp discontinued Paypal, then I'll be buying it from Amazon instead.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Law said:

lol. If that's the problem, Shoptemp should quit taking US-$.
moogle.gif

Maybe Shoptemp grew too fast and that caused the problems.

We don't know. Nobody tells us.

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Law said:
Stevetry said:
shoptemp have really went downhill this past weeks

For stopping the sale of flashcards? That was probably a paypal issue. It wouldn't surprise me if paypal were getting pissy at them for selling them, wasn't that the reason DealExtreme stopped stocking them? This is probably the only way they could have a payment system and continue to sell flashcards.

edit: oh, Paypal steal money from charities btw. Another reason not to use them for anything.

never have a problem with paypal

trumpet-205

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Law said:

I'm not a big fan of Paypal, but so far it hasn't cheated on me yet. AlertPay on the other hand, is even more evil than Paypal.

To gbatemp admin - It will be appreciated if you clarify the situation. If Paypal is not an option maybe ShopTemp can set up some credit card merchant accounts in US and UK. Usually Visa and MasterCard charge 1-2% merchant fee.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Paypal took money from me (no fault of mine, I did nothing wrong -- a person who must have owed Paypal money transferred money to me, and Paypal just TOOK IT FROM MY ACCOUNT with no warning and no chance of me getting it back).

It was rightly mine, and Paypal just took it from me.

It can happen to anyone. Don't trust Paypal with your money.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Schizoanalysis said:
Paypal took money from me (no fault of mine, I did nothing wrong -- a person who must have owed Paypal money transferred money to me, and Paypal just TOOK IT FROM MY ACCOUNT with no warning and no chance of me getting it back).

if someone else's money was transferred into your account by accident then that doesnt make that money yours, it is someone else's, paypal would have every right to take it from your account, but if they take money from your account for no reason and it is genuinely yours then that is called theft and there should be lawsuits against them.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
Schizoanalysis said:

if someone else's money was transferred into your account by accident then that doesnt make that money yours, it is someone else's, paypal would have every right to take it from your account, but if they take money from your account for no reason and it is genuinely yours then that is called theft and there should be lawsuits against them.

I dunno, it sounds more like he's saying he sold something, and after receiving the funds paypal just took it

@Schizoanalysis
Buyer might have just started a dispute due to something and you didn't get notified? Paypal usually sides with the buyer in those cases, it's really hard to prove you're in the right as a seller.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Law said:
jalaneme said:
Schizoanalysis said:

I dunno, it sounds more like he's saying he sold something, and after receiving the funds paypal just took it

@Schizoanalysis
Buyer might have just started a dispute due to something and you didn't get notified? Paypal usually sides with the buyer in those cases, it's really hard to prove you're in the right as a seller.

Yes. I sold something. I sent the goods. He got the goods (he confirmed it), but Paypal took the money to pay off their own debts.

I was out of pocket through no fault of my own.

And no, it wasn't a buyer opened dispute. The buyer did not open the dipute. I have had those before, and this was completely different.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse