What happened to my order?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by pacha69, May 24, 2011.

May 24, 2011

What happened to my order? by pacha69 at 7:19 AM (1,412 Views / 0 Likes) 23 replies

1. pacha69
    OP

Member pacha69 GBAtemp Regular

Belgium
    Hi,

I was just wondering about a thing, I ordered 2 things from a website, let's say the first order was placed on monday and dispatched on tuesday, the second order was placed on tuesday and dispatched on wednesday. I just received order 2 in my mailbox 2 days ago, and still nothing for order 1 .... Both placed on same website, and sent to same adress. Should I start worrying ?

Thanks for reading / answering me ;-)

Edit : Feel free to move the topic in the correct section.

2. DarkShinigami

Member DarkShinigami #1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI

United States
    calm down was it from a Flash card shop if so it'll vary per order if it's located in china

3. pacha69
    OP

Belgium
    I'm calm, just wondering :-) Dates are fictive :-) It was from a UK shop, I live in Belgium. I just see it strange that an order dispatched one day later is still arriving before the other one. Did anyone already have some experience with a case like this ?

Thanks for changing the topic title ;-) It's a lot better like this.

4. pacha69
    OP

Belgium
    Do you think I should contact the store ? Even if it is mentioned on the site that i should wait 20 working days before contacting them for an unrecieved order ?

5. ShawnTRods

Member ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Mind telling us which shop it is?
    How would we know further without knowing that o.o.

If you paid via paypal, theres not much to worry about. Also, yes contact them.

6. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    I ordered a PS3 game to a UK shop (through French amazon website, a lot cheaper than france), and it took 12 days.
    There weren't any tracking number, so I started thinking it was stolen or lost, but it finally came home [​IMG]

Maybe it's longer to send from UK.
    just wait a few days, it should be fine.

7. pacha69
    OP

Belgium
    I don't mind telling you wich shop it is, but i didn't because i don't want to give the shop a bad reputation. I paid with my mastercard, i'm just wondering if it's possible a package sent afterwards arrives before the other one. If it isn't the case, i'll contact the shop, otherwise i'll just wait ;-)

8. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    You'd be wise to tell us the shop, as you would be saving other people from what happened to you.

9. ShawnTRods

United Kingdom
    Alright..
    I am guessing you didnt pay for Express delivery or anything?
    Airmail policy states it can take up to 6 weeks I think.
    but from my experience, it takes from 6-10 days.
    Sometimes non-registered first class gets to europe within 3-5 days [​IMG].

10. pacha69
    OP

Belgium
    I don't even know if something hapenned to me ;-) The shop is a well known shop in the uk, I think a lot of people order from there, so i don't think it's the shop who is in fault if something is hapenning ;-) Probably the post office if my package got lost. I'll still contact the shop, to see what can be done, if something wrong is happening.

11. pacha69
    OP

Belgium
    Ok, so it's possible my second package took another route than the first one ? If so, i'll just wait a little longer.

edit: No, I didn't pay for express delivery, didn't even see the option while ordering.

12. Cyan

France
    I think he did right by not telling the shop for the moment (or at least not telling that the shop is responsible).
    he only had a question about delivery speed according to shipping date.

If after few days you don't have response from the seller, then yes it's a good idea to inform the users.
    but until it's not sure, just contact the shop by mail and see what's happening first.

(see what happened with zhuzhuchina, the shop owner didn't like that the user posted and mentioned the shop's name without first talking with the shop about the incident).

13. ShawnTRods

United Kingdom
    Just wait [​IMG].
    It will get there eventually. Sometimes it takes a little longer. Like I said, Air Mail policy states that it can take up to 6 weeks(VERY VERY RARELY HAPPENS THOUGH).

edit:
    Cyan, for all we know he could have bought from a phishing/scam site? but he is safe [​IMG].

14. pacha69
    OP

Belgium
    Ok i'll just wait a little longer, another order was dispatched yesterday also, so if that one arrives before the first order, i'll contact the seller. Because then I think there could be a problem ;-) I want to play pilot wings ffs [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Nollog

Member Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Ireland
    If it's the hut, and you ordered monkeyballs 3ds, the same happened to me.
    Contact them.
    I was told to wait 11 more days, so they'll at worst advise you when you should stop sitting at your mailbox and start sitting on their email.

16. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Despite what any online sites say about 'Standard delivery times' (like 'allow 7 working days') - I usually wait double that before worrying (unless I buy using 'express/special delivery' options - but at least I can tracke that then) especially if I know that the item is coming from abroad

It does take time to travel the distance & delays can happen anywhere along the line....
    =====================
    As for ordering 2 items on different days, yet getting the 2nd one first - that can easily happen, even if the company in the same country as you live.

I remember a time I order some DVD's off Amazon spread over 4 days - all coming from the same 'shop' & using the same 'standard' delivery options.
    The 2nd order came 2 days later, the 3rd item came 3 days after that & the 1st order came the day after that.

17. pacha69
    OP

Belgium
    Okay, thx all for your replies, I'll just wait a little longer ;-)

18. pacha69
    OP

Belgium
    I've contacted the store, because today I received an other item that was dispatched a week later than my first package. I'm waiting for a response from the store now.

19. Cyan

France
    It's becoming not normal now [​IMG]

I hope you'll have informations about your order.

20. pacha69
    OP

Belgium
    Update: I've sent a message to the shop 2 days ago, and I still didn't get a reply. I'll keep you guys updated.