Homebrew What Happened To Infantile Paralysiser?!

chicken32

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

I've just got a question that's been bothering me, where has infantile Paralysiser gone to?
There's been no updates on Moonshell, and his site has been down for some time now.

Any Ideas?!
wacko.gif

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
I believe that the trial period of the massively expensive software he used to develop Moonshell ran out, so he couldnt continue updates.

I'm pretty sure he helped out with M3Sakuras integrated video player.

M3Sakura also comes with Moonshell 1.71+1 in the 'launch' folder

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
VatoLoco said:
I believe that the trial period of the massively expensive software he used to develop Moonshell ran out, so he couldnt continue updates.
This is coming from the people who download DS games! Why didn't he download it!?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
playallday said:
VatoLoco said:
QUOTE said:
This is coming from the people who download DS games! Why didn't he download it!?
Not everyone is a pirate.
But a lot of you are. If this guy didn't like pirates why did he make it work with roms?!

So as a homebrew coder have you illegally acquired all of your development tools?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
playallday said:
VatoLoco said:
QUOTE said:
But a lot of you are. If this guy didn't like pirates why did he make it work with roms?!

Some people have some very twisted views when it comes to piracy and utilities and such. I mean, supposedly I.P. didn't support piracy, but you had to have a pirate cart to use his program.......GBAtemp has a release list of all the pirated Ninty software, but doesn't condone piracy.
wacko.gif
See what I mean?

It's a gray area for GBAtemp and they have to protect their ass from getting shut down, so I understand that, but some of these homebrew writers.......it just boggles the mind.

How am I supposed to use their homebrew without a pirate cart? Why would I use it ONLY for homebrew if I can get commercial stuff on it for free with just a couple clicks of the mouse?

Some people try to call it morality to cover their ass, I call it the psycho-twist-o-flex. I have no such reservations about what I do with my pirate carts.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
playallday said:
VatoLoco said:
IIRC, only versions 1.51 and newer use that devkit, and if I remember correctly, he even bought it legally and Moonshell 1.71 shows the great optimizing boost derived from that.
That should also be the same reason Team SC got stuck with an old Moonshell version on SCDS One.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
TrolleyDave said:
playallday said:
VatoLoco said:
QUOTE said:
So as a homebrew coder have you illegally acquired all of your development tools?
As funny as this sounds: I don't download ANY games or software, I just don't think its right. I was thinking if you download ROMs why not download software? Same thing.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
playallday said:
VatoLoco said:
IIRC, only versions 1.51 and newer use that devkit, and if I remember correctly, he even bought it legally and Moonshell 1.71 shows the great optimizing boost derived from that.
That should also be the same reason Team SC got stuck with an old Moonshell version on SCDS One.

1.6x and below use DevKitARM. 1.7x uses the ARM SDT. I don't know if he actually bought the SDT or not, but I'm fairly confident that the last official versions of Moonshell were developed with the trial, hence the single month with tons and tons of updates and betas and "finalfinalfinalbeta4" releases.

The SCDS's OS hasn't progressed beyond 1.41 because IP specifically asked them to stop modifying Moonshell for the cart. They've continued modifying it to add features, but have not upgraded to a newer version as per this request.

Shardnax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pirating one thing then not another is stupid. If you're going to have a hoard of swag, increase it in size where you can. Shame he quit developing though.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shardnax said:
Pirating one thing then not another is stupid. If you're going to have a hoard of swag, increase it in size where you can. Shame he quit developing though.
I'm not understanding where he pirated anything in the first place. Can anyone tell me what IP did to classify him as a pirate, thus somehow making pirating the ARM SDT okay?

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Rayder said:
playallday said:
VatoLoco said:
QUOTE said:

Some people have some very twisted views when it comes to piracy and utilities and such. I mean, supposedly I.P. didn't support piracy, but you had to have a pirate cart to use his program.......GBAtemp has a release list of all the pirated Ninty software, but doesn't condone piracy.
wacko.gif
See what I mean?

It's a gray area for GBAtemp and they have to protect their ass from getting shut down, so I understand that, but some of these homebrew writers.......it just boggles the mind.

How am I supposed to use their homebrew without a pirate cart? Why would I use it ONLY for homebrew if I can get commercial stuff on it for free with just a couple clicks of the mouse?

Some people try to call it morality to cover their ass, I call it the psycho-twist-o-flex. I have no such reservations about what I do with my pirate carts.
it is not classified as a piracy device under every single legislation in the world. Enabling "intellectual property" violation is merely seen as a side-effect for some. Having the device does not enable piracy more than an MP3 player, or even a PC. It is the same few clicks to download an unlicensed copy of a DS game that it takes to download an unlicensed copy of a song.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...