What happened to hwfly's official firmware?

randy_w

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a while since hwfly released their latest official firmware (0.3.0 beta, I think). Today I decided to check if there's any update from them but it seems like their website chipnx.com is down for a while. Any idea what happened? Seems like they gave up on their own firmware a while ago as all hwfly chips I bought after May/June have hwfly-nx preinstalled.

I know hwfly-nx is better than original firmware, but there are still a few thing I miss like the on screen settings menu. Hope that will get ported to hwfly-nx.

randy_w

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/hwfly-nx/firmware
here is their latest firmware afaik
Yes that's the hwfly-nx firmware (community firmware), what I'm asking is their official firmware that they post on chipnx.com. AFAIK this is the latest one and their website shut down several months later. Wonder what happened.
2022-03-08_20-25-31-jpg.300851

randy_w

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I spoke with my seller on aliexpress and they sent me the latest official firmware 0.31 and it's made after 14.1.1 update. Full change log here:

Change Log:
-------------------------------------------
R0.31
Fixed some console boot to OFW after system update 14.1.1
NOTE:
1. Upgrade the firmware of the chip before upgrading console to 14.x
2. If your console boot to OFW after system update 14.x, short circuit the two round holes on chipnx to restore factory setting, then update the firmware of the chip to R0.31.
R0.30beta
1. Updated new driver for SD and DRAM.
2. Easy menu for config the chip function. There are two ways to call out the easy menu:
a. Holding VOL+ when glitch on. (Can be disabled in the easy menu)
b. Remove MicroSD card, holding VOL+ and click PWR 5 times within 10 seconds after glitch on.(Always enabled)
3. Boot to OFW by holding down VOL- when glitch on. (Can be disabled in the easy menu)
4. Auto HOS Off. (Can be disabled in the easy menu)
R0.24
Fixed some bugs.
R0.23
Added reset Training Data function.
R0.22
Optimized MicroSD card compatibility.
R0.21
Fixed the Training bug.
R0.20
Initial version.

Also noticed there's only the firmware file inside the zip archive, bootloader is missing. Anyway nothing exciting.

Attachments

• firmwar0.31.zip
    69.8 KB · Views: 198

sin89rus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I spoke with my seller on aliexpress and they sent me the latest official firmware 0.31 and it's made after 14.1.1 update. Full change log here:

Change Log:
R0.31
Fixed some console boot to OFW after system update 14.1.1
NOTE:
1. Upgrade the firmware of the chip before upgrading console to 14.x
2. If your console boot to OFW after system update 14.x, short circuit the two round holes on chipnx to restore factory setting, then update the firmware of the chip to R0.31.
R0.30beta
1. Updated new driver for SD and DRAM.
2. Easy menu for config the chip function. There are two ways to call out the easy menu:
a. Holding VOL+ when glitch on. (Can be disabled in the easy menu)
b. Remove MicroSD card, holding VOL+ and click PWR 5 times within 10 seconds after glitch on.(Always enabled)
3. Boot to OFW by holding down VOL- when glitch on. (Can be disabled in the easy menu)
4. Auto HOS Off. (Can be disabled in the easy menu)
R0.24
Fixed some bugs.
R0.23
Added reset Training Data function.
R0.22
Optimized MicroSD card compatibility.
R0.21
Fixed the Training bug.
R0.20
Initial version.

Also noticed there's only the firmware file inside the zip archive, bootloader is missing. Anyway nothing exciting.
wow, thanks my man, after update hwfly lite 4.2 from ali to 0.7.1 firmware i get infinity training sessions, tried all firmwares (spacecraft / hwfly 0.6 / firmware from old ali seller hwfly 4.0) - same.

Only original 0.3.1 and original bootloader backup fixed situation, seems like not all chips can be flashed newer version. But i firmwared few (like 4) 4.2 ver chip before to firmware 0.7.1 via hwflytoolbox - all was fine.

If you try to update sdloader via toolbox and its can't be done (cycling ninntendo logo) - do not update you chip, it will be training forever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte