Homebrew What happened to Cave Story DS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man18

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and has there been any updates since the demo? its been fairly scarce from what I can tell.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I can tell the project was quietly dropped, but I don't think that has anything to do with the Wiiware version since the DS port was an unofficial endeavor (that is, being done by someone other than Pixel who created the game)

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Any and all ports for Cave Story were asked to be cancelled by Pixel because of Cave Story WiiWare, yep! It's a shame, but tbf he'd lose some of his audience for the WiiWare version if a free version was going for DS at the same time (though there's already the PC version of course :\). Maybe it'll be resumed afterwards.

CaveStoryQuote

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Digging up an old thread...

Well, by the time Ravenworks released the demo, the movement, music, and enemies were already programed. It really does seem like such a waste to have all that work completed and then just drop it to make a buck on WiiWare.

Seriously, this game practically fits the DS like a glove! They don't need to add in SO MANY extra features to rival the Wii; we hardcore Cave Story lovers will appreciate the game itself on the handheld.

And there's my two cents.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
sucks so much... after all, pixel got a free ds and games and flashcard just to work on a cave story ds, didnt he

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol