Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
People writing money as "1$" and not "$1"
I don't want to argue about it, but that's most likely a language based difference. For example, I would write 1$ when I post in French.

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what really grinds my gears? People who use "should of" instead of "should have".

What's the deal with these people? It's not like your vs you're where you might fall for it if you are extremely drunk, but "should of" just makes no sense. And why would it? It just perpetuates a series of bad grammar examples that will haunt the Internet until kids get even stupider with time. Don't believe me? Look up "should of" a decade ago. You won't find anything.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Reactions: gnmmarechal

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
You know what really grinds my gears? People who use "should of" instead of "should have".

What's the deal with these people? It's not like your vs you're where you might fall for it if you are extremely drunk, but "should of" just makes no sense. And why would it? It just perpetuates a series of bad grammar examples that will haunt the Internet until kids get even stupider with time. Don't believe me? Look up "should of" a decade ago. You won't find anything.

Man, I should of listen to my English teacher
Sorry I had to do it

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Seems like something that existed before
https://books.google.com/ngrams/gra...ing=3&share=&direct_url=t1;," should of ";,c0

Likewise if you learn English by speaking then it follows from should've, which I guess is where people pick it up.

That said I had a little look in my 1940s speech/educational speech training book and this particular quirk did not appear.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu