What genre of music do you like?

What genre of music do you like to listen to?

• Pop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rap/Hip-Hop

• R&B/Soul

• Rock

• Light Rock

• Hard Rock

• Classic Rock

• Alternative

• Heavy Metal

• Death Metal

• Techno

• Easy Listening

• Blues/Jazz

• Country/Bluegrass

• Dance Music

• Raggae

• Opera

• J-Pop

• Other (post it then)

• Total voters

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
I listen to Hard Rock and Heavy Metal but prefer Hard Rock. I am listening to Come-On Eyes by Pantera right now
wub.gif
. Guns and Roses, Led Zeppelin Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Nirvana, Velvet Revolver to name a few.

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Other: Indie
It's become a genre, and the best one too.

Most indie bands sound the same IMO.. That's not to say I don't listen to that genre but apart from a few bands I'm not really into it.

Non mainstream music.

Arh.. I'm trying to find that video with two guys talking about how "underground" the music they listen to are.. Kudos to those who find it.

I'm into power-pop, screamo and some metal bands.
ATM I'm addicted to Karate High School, Motion City Soundtrack and Chiodos.

yus786

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well i like nearly all types of music but my favourites are:

trance - mainly stuff mixed by gatecrasher, godskitchen, tiesto, Armin van buuren etc

Rap - Tupac, biggie, 50 cent, eminem, nas, fat joe etc

RnB - loads of different artists here that i like so no point going thru them all!

i dont really listen to rap as much as i did as its become mainstream in the place that i live ( everyone listens to tupac now ffs) but i mostly listen to trance and rnb

and i dont know anyone else except from my friends that listen to the trance i listen to
frown.gif

so i choose other

regards

yus786

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to listen to most stuff but I can't stand trance or happy hardcore. I love me indie and alternative stuff but I get days where I have to have some riffage.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Other: Indie
It's become a genre, and the best one too.

Most indie bands sound the same IMO.. That's not to say I don't listen to that genre but apart from a few bands I'm not really into it.

Non mainstream music.

Arh.. I'm trying to find that video with two guys talking about how "underground" the music they listen to are.. Kudos to those who find it.

I'm into power-pop, screamo and some metal bands.
ATM I'm addicted to Karate High School, Motion City Soundtrack and Chiodos.

Hey! Thats not true about all indie artists!
tongue.gif

But you are kinda right, but then again, you can say that for lots of genres.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
All these subgenres confuse me, throw a dart in the middle of alternative rock, indie and metal produced after 1990 and you'd be pretty close. I can't stand old music, something about it just doesn't sound right.

Hating something just because everyone else likes it is exactly the same as liking something just beacuse it's popular, you're still letting the people around you dictate and control your preferences. So people who think they're brilliant because they deliberately avoid mainstream are just lame. Who cares what other people think, like whatever you bloody well want to.
biggrin.gif

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What music do I like...

Good music?

You know, if you ignore the lyrics of My Chemical Romance songs, they have a nice tune to them, and sound pretty good.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What music do I like...

Good music?

You know, if you ignore the lyrics of My Chemical Romance songs, they have a nice tune to them, and sound pretty good.

its just so hard to ignore the lyrics though
frown.gif
they should release some instrumental stuff.

I'm currently listening to the libertines first album and foo fighters - the colour and the shape. good stuff

fugazi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sorry for my english,
I had loved the music all my life, I listened all kind of music, but best music is the alternative/indie music, because is the most variated and powerful style, for example groups like !!! ( pronounced chk chk chk), soulwax or digitalism, are mixing all kind of music ( punk, techno, rock, funk ) and the result is awesome.
I saw a show of the new york´s band !!! in 2004 in Barcelona, that changes the rest of my life.
go to see a show of then and you know what i mean.
dowload idealistic album from the germans Digitalism and do you know what i mean too.
apart of it,
my actual best band is a Canadian band with a videogames related name,
called Arcade Fire,
they are awesome,
songs like No cars go, rebellion or neighborhood #1, are songs that go to the center of your heart, this music had made me felt cold in the hot of the spanish summer.
I have to say that i hardly understand the lyrics , i only understand well written english.

abc2232

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Arcade fire is great, but my favorite band of all time is Built to Spill. If you're at all into indie rock or alternative rock, these guys are essential.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ