What GBA flash card should I get to replace my old ones?

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Seicomart, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Seicomart
    OP

Member Seicomart GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Hi all!

Well, I'd like some advice on what GBA flash card to get.

I have an old 256 meg card (forgotten the name, was one of the first cards...) and also an EZFlash3 (which now loses saves due to a dead battery).

So, I'd like to get a GBA flash card (for use in a DS lite and Gamecube GBA adaptor thing)

I'd like something that either doesn't need a battery, or if this is unavoidable, uses a battery that can be replaced without getting a soldering iron out.

I'd also like it to use removable memory (SD card, for example).

Oh, and a real time clock would be nice too.

Any ideas/ recommendation's people?

Oh, yeah, it must of course still be on sale!

2. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    EZ Flash IV Deluxe. Doesn't have RTC, but you can work around it with ROM patches. Apart from that, it has 100% compatibility and plays all games without lag or slowdowns.

3. Seicomart
    OP

United Kingdom
    Hmm, would really like a RTC though, how about its battery? Thanks for the reply btw!

4. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    The battery is easy to replace, no soldering, all you need is a screwdriver. As for the RTC, yeah, it would be nice if it had it, but the only card in the same price range that has RTC is the Supercard, and it has slowdowns and compatibility issues with many games. The only card that has 100% compatibility and RTC is the M3 Perfect, but that one costs $70 and is almost impossible to find in any case. I'd say go for the EZF IV. As far as I know the only games that use the RTC are the Pokemon games, and there's a workaround for that. You don't get the "real" passage of time, but you can set the in-game time to the time of day you need to trigger events or capture nocturnal Pokemon or whatever.

5. Seicomart
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks a lot for that info, will see if I can buy 2 of both cards!

6. gibberish

Member gibberish GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
  7. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    ALL EZ4 lites are not made or sold anymore. your going to be hard pressed to find anyone still selling them.

List of products not in production anymore:
    http://www.ezflash.cn/products2.htm

You should stop recommending the EZ4 deluxe Veho, unless you plan to sell him yours.

The only EZ4 that is still sold is the phat one, the one that takes miniSD, the one with a 2GB limit on miniSD.