What GBA cart with Real Time Save feature?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Dead Ghost, Jul 4, 2007.

Jul 4, 2007
  1. Dead Ghost
    OP

Member Dead Ghost GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    I'm looking for a good GBA cart, with RTS, so i can save anytime i want. I will use it on a GBA SP, not DS or Micro. I just need high compatibility and RTS (real time save). I know G6 Lite has it, but is kinda expensive, for being a DS cart also. I just need GBA compatibility, not DS.

Does EZ-Flash IV have RTS? Or EFA Linker 256mb?

I need a quick answer, as i have to decide what to buy in the coming days...

Thank you!

2. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    i would say to get the G6 lite but as you say it is on the expensive side, you can check real hot stuff their prices seem reasonable, maybe someone with a bit more knowledge of the EZ flash cards knows more but i am sure that the most recent EZ flash cards don't support real time save, have you checked gba temp's reviews yet?

3. skullstatue

Banned skullstatue Banned

United States
    The G6 Lite, but whenever you load a state, you lose the sound.

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Of the EZFlash range only the EZ3 has real time save (odd as the EZ4 is almost identical hardware wise and it was not made to work well with the EZ1/2).

I will however say for all carts I have seen real time save is slightly buggy (especially when compared with emulators), especially for high action games.

The 256 efa definitely does not have it.

Sleep mode however (via BOMA, GBATA or a carts own patching) can work to your advantage here it would seem.