what gaming console should i buy that doesnt have many downs?

someguyonGBATEMP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
im looking to buy a new console after buying an o3DS, im thinking of buying a vita first but then im pretty stuck. i want to buy a console thats pretty good in every department (i.e emulation, homebrew, game library, etc.). im thinking of buying a switch lite but due to security features, its pretty impossible to mod a switch lite. i want a steam deck but i have to remember that my currency is x4 more expensive than USD :(, the ps3 is good but it just isnt as new as the switch, the library is not that bad in my eyes and the homebrew community seems pretty small. what do you guys consider? :yay::yay:

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What did those with downs syndrome do to you?

Anyway pretty good in every department pretty much means PC. Emulation being geared for consoles more or less died with the DS and PSP, and even those were in some ways lesser than what came before. Today you deal with whatever you can inject into official emulators or half hearted ports of retroarch and while the increased processing power makes up for some things you are still going to get oddities that might not have been present in more dedicated efforts.
Homebrew is an even sadder story here from where I sit if the high water mark is going to be the likes of the GBA, DS, xbox, Wii and PSP. Nobody is porting old games, making fun little programs no commercial dev would/could ever get out there because money/lawyers, trying their hand at making things for a console for the intellectual challenge and so forth.

Game library is somewhat more subjective and will depend what you like. If you mean more "will give me a decent slice of gaming at the time" (if you only had a PS3 or only had a 360 then you would not really have missed out on that much, if you only had a Wii then very different story) then that could be worked towards.

someguyonGBATEMP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Bang for your buck: I think Vita is the way to go. Then save up for your steamdeck...
I do think I could buy a steam deck since I really need a new laptop to play my steam games, but the problem is it doesn't get sold on retail or e-commerce websites, its a bit harder to get my hands on one, I do think the price is justified but yeah, its sold somewhere hard to get

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i can, but they are super expensive, for some reason people who sell hacked switches decided the amped up the price from 1000 to 2000 just because they jailbroke the system
Just keep looking, find someone who's selling a first-gen Switch but hasn't hacked it. You might not find a reasonable price straight away, but hopefully one will come along.

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i can, but they are super expensive, for some reason people who sell hacked switches decided the amped up the price from 1000 to 2000 just because they jailbroke the system
Usually sites like Ebay are flooded with them. Try search for something like "Nintendo Switch Unpatched" and just make sure you check the serial numbers on a website like https://ismyswitchpatched.com/

If you can't see the serial number in a photo, I wouldn't trust it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You too