Disturbed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
metalpokenerd.webs.com
XP
Country
I'm just telling you about some things on eBay (especially eBay) you need to avoid purchasing.

Some Notes I Jotted...

*Does it say something like 108 in 1 or some compilation name like that? Don't buy it - firstly, the games might be copied more than once to make it look like it has more (which is what happened with my brother's '108 in 1' cart).
* Is the game not familiar to you? e.g. Pokemon Perla (A fake game) - If so, most likely a fake/fan made game.
*Is it from Hong Kong/China/Taiwan? - All that ever comes from there is fake junk, also, consoles that are sold there are cheap, but have VERY HIGH postage prices.
* Does it have a very cheap price? - Don't buy it, most likely fake/counterfeit (if in NEW condition)
*Is it a ROM hack you know form the internet? - Again, don't buy it, ROM hacks are never sold on GBA cartridges unless the creator has clearly stated.

Well, they're some good tips for eBay and some other online stores. Remember that I'm only 12 and don't HAVE AN EBAY ACCOUNT. I'm just knowledgeable about this particular topic. Anyway, criticize it, comment, whatever, just thought you might get some good info from it.

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
good guide, some of the things i do before i buy is get my facts right and send the seller a few questions also i check and see if the seller has any negative feedback and read through some of it

Lluvia

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.lluvia.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
A few years ago you had a hard time finding any original game on ebay at all. Now it's getting better, because it's mostly private people selling their old games and not professional counterfeit sellers.

Usually it's better not to buy from professionals. Also take a close look at the label on the cartridge and the boxart. Compare it to other pictures you find on the internet. It's also suspicious if someone sells a game as new but without box and manual.

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yea, i try steer away from shops/powersellers i aim for casuals and make sure they have a legit picture of THEIR item not just one off google also make sure you check the picture and check if it is the right region as they say it is

Aldebaran

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uruguay
Good input man, thanks
wink.gif

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tac 21 said:
your ass would be banned on NaziFAQS right now.

This is even funnier when you know that Jeff "CJayC" Veasey is a worthless neo-Nazi who allows white supremacist posts to go unmodded on the GFAQs forums, even though they technically violate the TOS.

bRKcRE

Trophies
XP
Country
Diosoth said:
Tac 21 said:

This is even funnier when you know that Jeff "CJayC" Veasey is a worthless neo-Nazi who allows white supremacist posts to go unmodded on the GFAQs forums, even though they technically violate the TOS.

except for the fact that he no longer administers the site....its been over a year now..

Big Green

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tac 21 said:
your 12 years old!? is that aloud!?

Its not GameFAQs fault. It's the law. This site could get in a lot of legal trouble if he doesn't get banned.

player1244

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the guide. But there are fake DS games too.
Not many, but there are. Anyway, it's hard to get an GBA game into a DSi, but i have the normal old retro game DS too
nds.gif

B

BryceOne

I fell for this once.. I had bought WarioWare Inc for $10 when it was a newly released GBA game. It was from Hong Kong. I received the game, and the manual, box, and label on the GBA cart were obviously printed.. The cart was a tight fit into the GBA slot, but they game played well for many years. The battery just recently went dead on it, so saving no longer works.

Recently I bought a Nunchuck for the Wii, also from Hong Kong ($8).. With my last experience, I wouldn't have bought it, but from the feedback, it sounded too good. The Nunchuck works but it's too sensitive. Tested it first with Namco Museum Remix and Call of Duty WaW. Barely pressing the stick and it turns too fast.

greenrocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently, I have seen many good DS games going on sale with buy-it-now option for real cheap in compared to others in the same form but only one thing, I could tell which DS games are "fake" possibly bootlegs (no clue, so I can't real confirm anything) are the ones with white, clear transparent cases opposed to usual, black cases sold in stores. Often, they would be coming from Hong Kong and such.

Also, I bet these games doesn't come with the PIN code, of course, to register to earn coins for Club Nintendo!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: