Homebrew What games would you guys recommend for Wii Emulation

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm planning on modifying my Wii to allow it to play PS1 Games, and N64.

I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for LEGIT games out in the market still.

(Note GameCube games can already play on the Wii. I have an original Wii.)

This is my list so far;
- Twisted Metal 3 (PS1)
- Xtreme Sports (PS1)
- MegaMan X5 (PS1)

- Yoshis Story (Gameboy Advanced)
- Pokemon Saphire (Gameboy Advanced) (or any other Pokemon game...)
- Super Mario 3 (Gameboy Advanced)
- Possibly any other current Wii Channels but on Gameboy Advanced to display more color compared to original.

- Super Mario Bros 2 (Planning to have as Wii Channel.)
- Paper Mario (Planning to have as Wii Channel.)
- Super Mario 64 (Planning to have as Wii Channel.)

- Legend Of Zelda Majora... (N64?)

- Luigis Mansion (GC)
- Mario Kart Double Dash (GC)
- Zelda Windwaker (GC)

Any other cheap/good arcade games you guys would recommend to me?

Last edited by petethepug,

Linkuei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Its a shame that PS1 N64 emulation sucks in the Wii

EDIT:
PS1

WIPEOUT
ALUNDRA
LOMAX
SYMPHONY OF THE NIGHT
ROAD RASH 3DO
MEGAMAN X4

N64:

STAR WARS SHADOW OF THE EMPIRE
ROGUE ONE
ROAD RASH 64
MYSTICAL NINJA
F-ZERO
PERFECT DARK

Last edited by Linkuei,

Linkuei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I don't really see why it sucks...
Why do you think that?
Lot of bugs, incompatibility, speed issues, freezes, no 240p...

By other hand, emulation of SEGA MEGA DRIVE/GENESIS, MASTER SYSTEM, GAME GEAR, SUPER NES/SUPER FAMICOM, NEO GEO, CPS1, CPS2, MAME (mame2000), PC ENGINE/TURBOGRAFX, SUPERGRAFX, PC ENGINE CD, NES/FAMICOM, GAMEBOY, GBC, GBA... is perfect!

Last edited by Linkuei,
Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neo geo games mainly work through wii virtual console injects, everything else seems to run ok though. There is no sega 32x emulation on the wii if you are a fan of that system. Also you did not give a list of genre of games that you are into so might be hard to reccommend anything.

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright thanks for letting me know about that.
I'm kind of over the PS1 Emulation now, and N64 since hardware must take place. Or else they are useless pretty much.

Anything that is a good game is fine as long as the Wii can emulate it.

Stuff like SEGA, and maybe a few parkour/arcade/action games like Mario, or idk Pacman pretty much.

I think the games may be a little hard to get as well. So I don't really know if it's worth it unless I really wanted a particular game.

Gameboyandwatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright thanks for letting me know about that.
I'm kind of over the PS1 Emulation now, and N64 since hardware must take place. Or else they are useless pretty much.

Anything that is a good game is fine as long as the Wii can emulate it.

Stuff like SEGA, and maybe a few parkour/arcade/action games like Mario, or idk Pacman pretty much.

I think the games may be a little hard to get as well. So I don't really know if it's worth it unless I really wanted a particular game.
What do you mean hardware must take place? Also, for PS1 emulation I believe you have to have a classic controller. I haven't tried it with a gc controller yet, mainly because I don't really care about the PS1. (even though I have a broken one in my room)
Also, N64 emulation is a breeze. Either emulate it on your smartphone or on your wii with Wii64.

Here are some good games:

Super Mario 64

Super Smash Brothers

F-Zero

GoldenEye 007

Mario Kart 64

Donkey Kong Country

Diddy Kong Racing

Yoshi's Story

SUPERMAN 64 IT BEST GAME EVRUR MADE

Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time

Paper Mario

Conkers Bad Fur day

Mario Party 1-3

Bomberman 64

Mortal Kombat 4

Harvest Moon 64

Animal Crossing (japan only :c)

Mortal Kombat Trilogy

Star Wars Rogue Squadron

Banjo tooie

I could go on forever.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

By other hand, emulation of SEGA MEGA DRIVE/GENESIS, MASTER SYSTEM, GAME GEAR, SUPER NES/SUPER FAMICOM, NEO GEO, CPS1, CPS2, MAME (mame2000), PC ENGINE/TURBOGRAFX, SUPERGRAFX, PC ENGINE CD, NES/FAMICOM, GAMEBOY, GBC, GBA... is perfect!

Ahhhh that Genesis Plus GX With Wii U Pro support. :bow:

Only console emulator capible of playing rom hacks with little or no flaw, it even runs pier solar rom with Sega cd enhance music combo, All hail the god like Genesis plus GX

Now only we can get 32X so i can play Knuckles Chaotix and virtual fighter. ^_^

Also ninku and tails adventure on game gear... and master system wonder boy and dozen sonic rom hacks!:D

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean hardware must take place? Also, for PS1 emulation I believe you have to have a classic controller. I haven't tried it with a gc controller yet, mainly because I don't really care about the PS1. (even though I have a broken one in my room)
Also, N64 emulation is a breeze. Either emulate it on your smartphone or on your wii with Wii64.

Here are some good games:

Super Mario 64

Super Smash Brothers

F-Zero

GoldenEye 007

Mario Kart 64

Donkey Kong Country

Diddy Kong Racing

Yoshi's Story

SUPERMAN 64 IT BEST GAME EVRUR MADE

Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time

Paper Mario

Conkers Bad Fur day

Mario Party 1-3

Bomberman 64

Mortal Kombat 4

Harvest Moon 64

Animal Crossing (japan only :c)

Mortal Kombat Trilogy

Star Wars Rogue Squadron

Banjo tooie

I could go on forever.

Only reason why I said that was becuase one user said it may not be as "good". (Which I believe.) I'm just confused on what makes it bad besides the ocasional 480i resolution/pixels on screen taking place. I have heard Gameboy Advanced, and SNES may be worth it due to the amount of pictures on display from what the Wii is.

Edit: You are required to have a GC Controller for best functionality. Since PS1 has more buttons than a Wii Classic Controller. (They even recommend it on there site for best compatibility :D.)

(SNES is 240)
(N64 is 240i mostly.)
(PS1 is 320 X 240 (barley enough pixels on screen to play.)

So I'm not sure where he got that some perform bad, and some perform good. But I sometimes hear occasional glitches pop up. (Like this for example.)

View the SNES, on the first few so minutes of the video. I don't know why the camera stops moving, besides thinking it may be the video game causing this (or emulation not loading correctly.)

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/4-great-emulators-run-wii/

Ahhhh that Genesis Plus GX With Wii U Pro support. :bow:

Only console emulator capible of playing rom hacks with little or no flaw, it even runs pier solar rom with Sega cd enhance music combo, All hail the god like Genesis plus GX

Now only we can get 32X so i can play Knuckles Chaotix and virtual fighter. ^_^

Also ninku and tails adventure on game gear... and master system wonder boy and dozen sonic rom hacks!:D

Yeah I was thinking of getting that along the way :P.

Just curious to know if there may be any Dreamcast Emulator for the Wii. That would be pretty neat to play on.

Last edited by petethepug,

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's on a per game basis of course, but for the most part the Classic Controller is perfectly fine for PS1, and feels a lot better than the GC pad anyway. ...Don't think I got past Stage 2 on Parappa the Rapper using the GC pad! :lol:

No Dreamcast emulator for the Wii unfortunately - it's not powerful enough.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tales of destiny on the psone emulator.... play for few minutes, during first cut scene.... after first audio cilp plays, endlessly cycles through all audio clips in game non stop and then freeze when done.

Problem is n64 and ps1 vary from game to game compatibilityis very limited with each game.

Breath of fire 4 works, but tales of destiny won't.

Gameboyandwatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only reason why I said that was becuase one user said it may not be as "good". (Which I believe.) I'm just confused on what makes it bad besides the ocasional 480i resolution/pixels on screen taking place. I have heard Gameboy Advanced, and SNES may be worth it due to the amount of pictures on display from what the Wii is.

Edit: You are required to have a GC Controller for best functionality. Since PS1 has more buttons than a Wii Classic Controller. (They even recommend it on there site for best compatibility :D.)

(SNES is 240)
(N64 is 240i mostly.)
(PS1 is 320 X 240 (barley enough pixels on screen to play.)

So I'm not sure where he got that some perform bad, and some perform good. But I sometimes hear occasional glitches pop up. (Like this for example.)

View the SNES, on the first few so minutes of the video. I don't know why the camera stops moving, besides thinking it may be the video game causing this (or emulation not loading correctly.)

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/4-great-emulators-run-wii/

Yeah I was thinking of getting that along the way :P.

Just curious to know if there may be any Dreamcast Emulator for the Wii. That would be pretty neat to play on.
SNES hacking with a gc controller is really hard. The XYBA buttons are all over the place, which makes it hard to play games like Super Mario World. So if I were you, I'd get the rom for Super Mario Advance instead. Whenever there is a gba remake of an snes game, get that instead of the snes game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free