Gaming What games should put on my moms acekard?

princecharmander

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What games should I put on my moms acekard? She likes game shows (Already got the Wheel Of Fortune game for her) and Puzzle games. She's not dumb and can figure out new games, GIve me some suggestions!

Tekken179

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm surprised the obvious hasn't been mentioned.... Tetris! and Tetris party sexism's finest.

Seriously though

+1 for Professor Layton series.

Also recommend Ace Attorney, Phoenix Wright series.

Platformers are also always a safe bet.

If all else fails bring out the Animal Crossing and Nintendogs. :)

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I'd find games she might like and have her see some trailers or gameplay. That's probably the best way to handle it...

But here are some suggestions anyway.
  • Cooking Mama - Simulation - Cook things with your very own teacher: mama!
  • Cooking Mama 2: Dinner with Friends - Simulation - Cook things with your very own teacher: mama!
  • Cooking Mama 3: Shop and Chop - Simulation - Cook things with your very own teacher: mama!
  • Picross DS - Puzzle - Picross on the DS
  • Picross 3D - Puzzle - Picross with 3D figures
  • Pic Pic - Puzzle - Solve mazes to create pictures
  • Color Cross - Puzzle - Picross with colors
  • Zuma's Revenge - Puzzle - A port of Zuma 2
  • Bejeweled 3 - Puzzle - A port of Bejeweled 3
  • Bejeweled Twist - Puzzle - A port of Bejeweled Twist
  • Big Bang Mini - Shooter - Flick fireworks at the enemies and protect your ship
  • Professor Layton and the Curious Village - Puzzle - Solve difficult puzzles and get to the bottom of a mystery
  • Ghost Trick - Puzzle/Strategy - Ghost into various objects and use them to save lives on the road to finding how to prevent your death
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Visual Novel/Puzzle/Strategy - Become a court attorney and solve crimes
  • Brain Age - Puzzle/Education - Train your brain
  • Brain Age 2 - Puzzle/Education - Train your brain
  • Tetris DS - Puzzle - It's Tetris, on the DS, with Nintendo characters plastered on
  • Tetris Party Deluxe - Puzzle - It's Tetris on the DS
  • Ivy the Kiwi - Platformer - Figure out how to get a little kiwi through various levels; Kirby Canvas Curse with birds
  • Clubhouse Games - Puzzle - A collection of puzzle games
  • Kirby Canvas Curse - Platformer - Ivy the Kiwi with Kirby; Lead Kirby around various levels
  • Kirby Mass Attack - Platformer/Action - Kirby's split into ten and you have to lead them to the goal
  • Animal Crossing: Wild World - Simulation - Move into a town with animal residents and make friends
  • Magician's Quest: Mysterious Times - Simulation - Animal Crossing with magic
  • Desktop Tower Defense - Tower Defense - A port of the Desktop Tower Defense flash game
  • de Blob 2 - Platformer - Color the city and save it from the colorless fiends who rule it
  • Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light - RPG - Stereotypical Final Fantasy RPG, with slightly different battle rules
  • Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits - Action/Puzzle - Drill down through the blocks infesting the cities and save your friends
  • Nanashi no Game - Visual Novel/Survival Horror - Play a mysterious game that is said to kill people after seven days - REQUIRES TRANSLATION PATCH (and maybe headphones)
  • Radiant Historia - RPG - Stocke is given a mysterious book that can help him travel through time and reverse the mistakes of the past
  • WarioWare Touched - Minigame Compilation - Play random 5-10 second minigames that involve stuff like poking Mother Brain (yes, THAT Mother Brain) until it's dead and putting the finger in the nose
  • WarioWare: Do it Yourself - Minigame Compilation / Minigame Creator - In the same series as WarioWare Touched; Play and create random 5-10 second minigames
There are also DS-based emulators you can get so your mother can play all her favorite classic games...except for SNES, since it isn't emulated all that well on the DS.

Suggestions for that end of the lane, if you want some of those:
  • For the Frog the Bell Tolls - Action/Adventure - GAME BOY - The princess of another kingdom needs the help of a dashing prince, but everything that can go wrong does! - REQUIRES TRANSLATION PATCH
  • Cocoron - Platformer - NES - Create a character and save the world. - REQUIRES TRANSLATION PATCH
  • Kid Dracula - Platformer - GAME BOY - It's like Mega Man, except with Castlevania's Dracula as a child. - SOUND NOT EMULATED
  • Akumajou Special: Boku Dracula-kun! - NES - It's Kid Dracula on the NES. - NO TRANSLATION AVAILABLE
  • Mr. Driller - Action/Puzzle - GAME BOY COLOR - Drill down through the blocks infesting the cities and save the world. - SOUND NOT EMULATED
  • Xena: Warrior Princess - Action/Adventure - GAME BOY COLOR - Only for the fans; this game practically sucks in every way. - FUN NOT EMULATED
  • Pop'n Music GB - Music/Rhythm - GAME BOY COLOR - Hit the frog symbols at the exact moment to make up a song. - NO TRANSLATION AVAILABLE

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bolt Be-Awesome edition.
2a9bpck.jpg

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the suggestions! She's been playing Professor Layton for the past 2 hours! :)
You're welcome.

You know, she might like Radiant Historia. The game is pretty long, but the battles consist of trying to move all of the enemies into the perfect positions via special attacks to kill them quickly. It's kind of like a puzzle, actually.

Reactions: 1 person

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are some games friendly for hardcore and casual players alike:

Plants vs. Zombies (a good towerdefense-like game)

Super Scribblenauts (good game if she's into solving puzzles on pure ingenuity)

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (a must, ...seriously, a must)

Kirby: Squeak Squad (if she likes platformers. I chose this instead of Super Star Ultra as this one is good for those new to the Kirby franchise)

Ghost Trick (a fun game from the creators of Phoenix Wright. You recently died and you must use your ghost powers to investigate how you died. Detective-like.)

Animal Crossing: Wild World (a lot of people like this game so why not?)

Rhythm Heaven (a rhythm game with cute japanese-doodle characters, nice songs and challenging gameplay)

Elite Beat Agents (a really fun rhythm game with popular American songs)

WarioWare: Touched (game which contains many small minigames which are quite funny and quirky, my family loves thisfranchise)

Nintendogs (any version of her own dog breed preference, cute game in which you take care of a puppy)

Super Princess Peach (an exciting platformer in which you play as Princess Peach from the Mario franchise. Plays like Super Mario Bros but with Peach and her special powers)

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Anything by Popcap.
This. Namely Zuma, Bookworm and Plants VS Zombies. And Tetris. and Clubhouse Games. and Crosswords. and maybe Picross.

my mom currently owns my XL, and she loves these titles. she's already finished Bookworm to completion (100%, dammit i couldn't beat this). she's currently conquering Zuma.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: