• Likes 2

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Games in general are what did well for me.

That said when I was introduced to Elite (TNK being the main one I played) it was a rather eye opening experience.

Tetris provided the background theme to my head I guess.

Co-op is something I like. Certain games may have provided examples but they were later supplanted (something like Chip and Dale NES gave way to streets of rage or possibly Sonic).

At the same time there have also been a small handful of competitive multiplayer games I care to play. Like above though they ceded their ground when another came along, in this case Rampart might have given way to bomberman (I missed out on NES bomberman for whatever reason).

This was all somewhat later though. I can't really think of a text adventure that truly stuck with me and most of the earlier PC stuff I would have played would have been more educational than not (though it did introduce me to the idea of pulling apart games into their individual components to try to get something going there). I can not think of a C64 game I really want to single out.

If I am allowed a console and it was somewhat later that it arrived on the scene for me then the Amiga. Thinking back now it introduced me to so many games and gameplay styles I like.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
cant believe no one said Pokemon yet...

shows how young the people in this thread are... trying to talk about they childhood. YOU ARE A CHILD, MY CHILD!

anyway.

Pokemon Yellow and Pokemon Gold.

also Championship Manager 01/02...

Reactions: VinsCool

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Pokemon r/b/y g/s/c r/s/e
Final fantasy 7,8,9,10 (this and pokemon pretty much taught me to read and write (in very bad) english)
Final fantasy tactics advanced
medabots RPG (one of my all time favorite RPG games. really wish the ds and 3ds ones would get translated/localized someday)
Zelda ages/seasons (something like that)
metal gear solid 1 (barely understood any of it at the time xD)
airport tycoon 1 (pretty much my first PC game)
Donkey kong country 2. (me and my mom played this together starting when i was about 8. lots of fond memories of my mom failing badly)
these are some of the most memorable games i've played in my childhood (10-18).

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

shows how young the people in this thread are... trying to talk about they childhood. YOU ARE A CHILD, MY CHILD!

anyway.

Pokemon Yellow and Pokemon Gold.

also Championship Manager 01/02...
I'm a 20 years old children :D

Reactions: Flame

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

But pokemon is what caused my childhood to end. I was a carefree manchild when I ventured into emulation/flash cart forums. The pokefiends subsequently claimed my innocence, destroyed my empathy and caused me to augment myself with a junior ban hammer.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much the standard "good games" of the time, really. Mario Kart 64, Smash Bros, Crash Team Racing, Spyro the Dragon games, pogymanz, Crash Bandicoot, FF6/3, FF9, Guardian's Crusade, Legend of Legaia. Probably a lot more, I'm just too lazy to list every single one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL