Gaming What games have online play?

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Street Fighter is the only game that has true online play that I know of.

Ridge Racer allows you get ghost data from other people via Street Pass and race against the ghost.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mysticwaterfall said:
Street Fighter is the only game that has true online play that I know of.

Ridge Racer allows you get ghost data from other people via Street Pass and race against the ghost.

How can the only real launch racing title not have real online. How pointless is that.

CCNaru

Warn-free Since 2005
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
mysticwaterfall said:
CCNaru said:
Asphalt 3d...

... does not have online multiplayer, only local wireless. And, it's also the lowest rated 3DS game at metacritic with 44%.

well i meant that asphalt 3d was a racing game too
tongue.gif

i asked the question haha

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either Capcom devoted a whole shit load of people to working on the 3DS, or (more likely) Nintendo gave them a dev kit a lot sooner than the other 3rd parties. Probably a bit of both, but especially given how well the game came out and how it uses nearly all of the 3ds features to good effect (well besides tilt... but that doesn't count) we can almost guarantee that nintendo's strong relationship with Capcom is still there.

The simple fact is that most of the developers probably had about 4-6 months to get something out for launch hence why so many ports (rayman, SSSF4 though at least it got the professional treatment, bust-a-move, lego star wars III, asphalt, ridge racer) and near ports (madden, nintendogs, super monkey ball). Hell, just about the only thing not a port or near port was made by nintendo.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't forget though, guys. DLC is at least possible now, so a day could come where Ridge Racer or Asphalt (or any other game for that matter) get a SpotPass update with online support.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tehskull: While that's a nice dream, we won't see those games with online play. Games as complex as they are these days need to more or less be designed with online play from the start. It would take a very big/complex update and a lot of developer work, more than they'd be willing to do for "free".

Besides the DoA outfits, we aren't likely to see much in the way of new content for the launch titles.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
koji2009 said:
Tehskull: While that's a nice dream, we won't see those games with online play. Games as complex as they are these days need to more or less be designed with online play from the start. It would take a very big/complex update and a lot of developer work, more than they'd be willing to do for "free".

Besides the DoA outfits, we aren't likely to see much in the way of new content for the launch titles.
Samurai Warriors is going to have extra missions available through spotpass according to the manual. I haven't seen any turn up on my system yet though.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
That's just normal DLC though.

TehSkull and koji are talking about DLC enabling the game to have online play.
edit: didn't see the last line on kojis post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.