1. thewannacryguy

OP thewannacryguy Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Korea, North
    The 3DS works much better for Fire Emblem. Having two screens means the map and battles can be displayed on the top while the bottom screen displays unit information. Fire Emblem: Three Houses' interface is clunky by comparison.

2. seany1990

seany1990 GBAtemp Regular

Although its a DS game, The World Ends With You works way better on a dual screen touchscreen than the switch

Kwyjor likes this.
  3. PineappleGod

PineappleGod 100% Shit, 0% Post

United States
    MGS3. Please don't kill me.

tfocosta and tatumanu like this.
  4. sonicvssilver22

sonicvssilver22 You're myself, I'm yourself

United States
    Honestly I can see where you’re coming from though. I played the 3DS version then I tried to go play the HD remaster on PS3 and I was incredibly confused when they didn’t let you move while crouched

5. PineappleGod

PineappleGod 100% Shit, 0% Post

United States
    Also playing it in Citra gets better graphics than HD collection too, so...

6. Kwyjor

Kwyjor GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    I think Ed McMillen has said that the 3DS version of The Binding of Isaac is his preferred version, what with how it keeps the map visible.

The DS version is definitely the definitive version of the game. It's too bad there will probably never be a dual-screen version with the enhanced visuals and audio of the iOS/Switch version.

7. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

United States
    The obvious answer is anything designed for the 3DS I mean when better games were ported to the 3DS... Xenoblade for example felt completely unplayable in the 3DS completely amazing on the Wii and it's the same way for 3DS games ported to other systems the world ends with you on iOS isn't even something I bothered to finish while I played through the world ends with you on the DS several times

8. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

shantae and the pirate's curse
    -the low res helps the pixel art look like its the actual resolution of the system
    -you always have the map or possibility of using items on the other screen
    -one of the few games that 3d looks good on
    -does not lag unlike the pc version (was playing that one today and it lagged half the time on hardware well above recommended specs)
    the only things it lacks are not the game's fault, lack of achievements and not being able to use external controllers (the 3ds is a little bit too small and it cramps my hands), as those things are the system's fault since they are aviable on all other versions

Last edited Dec 18, 2019
  9. MeteoXavier

MeteoXavier Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Odd as it may sound, the Mega Man games on Mega Man Legacy Collection.

RhizoidX likes this.
  10. 83TropicStorm

83TropicStorm Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The worst thing about the 3DS is the 240p screen. Even a 480p screen would've been passable because the low resolution makes certain games in particular look extra pixelly. (Xenoblade 3D and SMTIV have this issue)

11. skyluigi2

skyluigi2 Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    A lot of games honestly. Etrian Odyssey is my favourite example of this, the 3D was great and the touch screen is perfect for cartographing dungeons. As much as I love the games, I'm not sure I'd want the series to move to Switch just because of how watered down it'd feel.

12. Stealphie

Stealphie GBAtemp's Favorite Hat Kid

Brazil
    Ocarina of Time because the water temple isn't complete poodoo on there

RhizoidX and AsWeGoAlong14 like this.
  13. declanb

declanb Member
    Newcomer

United States
  14. brunocar

brunocar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Argentina
    SM64DS is the obvious pick, even with the digital input, the analog is WAY better than a dpad.

Also, Resident Evil Revelations, since the remaster cuts just as many features as it adds, such as the first person camera mode or the laser sights instead of crosshairs.

15. Stealphie

Stealphie GBAtemp's Favorite Hat Kid

Brazil
    Yeah, i guess. BUT the game was made with a d-pad in mind, it still doesn't feel as good as the original.

16. Sheld9n

Sheld9n Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I also find that keeping the map visible really helps for Metroid (any version)
    For example, I loved the Gamecube Metroid Prime, but I remember constantly flip back and forth to the map screen. Much more enjoyable to see your map with a quick glance down than have to flip screens.

17. AsWeGoAlong14

AsWeGoAlong14 Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    Really any 3D Zelda remake on the 3DS is a breeze with the controls. I had a ton of trouble as a kid with the gamecube controller.

18. Little_Anonymous_Hacker

Little_Anonymous_Hacker GBAtemp's Openly ABDL 1337 HAX0R

United States
    The Mutant Mudds games. When you play them on devices with 2D screens, you're really missing out.

19. plug313

plug313 GBAtemp Regular

the underrated gem Terraria
    I have it on the Switch and PC, and everyone swears keyboard and mouse is the best way to play it, but after having played it on the 3DS it's clear that the controller + touchscreen combo is the ideal way to play. it just gives you so much more precision when mining, building and even attacking. it's crazy good. feels like the game was built for it.

also I've seen some of you guys don't think the 3DS was a good way to play Xenoblade but I completely disagree, it provides a very very similar experience to the Wii version. this is coming from a huge fan of the game. the lower resolution is the ONLY noticeable downgrade and I find that acceptable tbh, it's still a technical marvel

20. SeburoVII

SeburoVII Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I agree on both parts. Me and my son love SM64DS and I know he would find it twice as hard mastering the N64 controller too. As for Revelations, its a great game but it definitely runs and feels better on the 3DS. Love Raid Mode popping in and out for a few rounds.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - better, games,