What games do you prefer offline and online?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by LadyHylia, Jul 9, 2014.

1. LadyHylia
    OP

LadyHylia Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2014
    United States
    Offline: Resident Evil 4 and The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
    Online: super smash brothers brawl and Goldeneye 007 Wii.

K, go! :)

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    If I am allowed to include LAN as offline then basically everything.

Online. Things that might be able to be play by email, so turn based games really. Also anything that needs thousands of players and a really persistent server.

3. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone

>online
    >wii games

wat.

Offline, probably all fighting games. That "in the room" experience is what makes it fun.
    Online, probably shooters and stuff that's just easier to Skype over.

BortzANATOR likes this.
  4. LadyHylia
    OP

LadyHylia Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2014
    United States
    Is it that shocking to see someone loves online games on the Wii? Brawl is a given and Goldeneye is amazing as is the community. The skype and clan war thing is what puts the topping on the cake :)

5. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone

Brawl has terrible connectivity and Goldeneye wasn't THAT great. Plus like every online community is dead by now. The Wii always had a terrible infrastructure on top of it.

BortzANATOR likes this.
  6. LadyHylia
    OP

LadyHylia Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2014
    United States
    Goldeneye community isn't dead. Yeah, the brawl connectivity was a little messy but it doesn't take away from the fun game time. What made GE great was the community and the experience. It was very addicting for me and for others. I played MW3 on PS3 and loved it too.

7. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Please say that was one of those dramatic understatements. I would say brawl was behind the times being even folks in 1997/1999 understood things that Nintendo hosed up ( http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/131781/the_internet_sucks_or_what_i_.php ) with that.

Now I am very much on the "smash brothers, 'tis not competitive or at least it has yet to spawn a competitive scene" side of things so I am not too upset about the lack of crazy low latency but it was broken on the just messing around level.

8. LadyHylia
    OP

LadyHylia Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2014
    United States
    The connection wasn't perfect. Lag interrupted my time often but I liked it enough to continue playing everyday. I was a serious player (playing to own) and a mess around player (just goofing around). Plus, not only was it fun online, the single player aspect of the entire game was phenomenal. Brawl was the reason I bought a Wii.

9. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    I don't know, Resident Evil 4's online mode was pretty great.

10. nasune

nasune GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    Netherlands
    Offline: everything. I really don't like to play online, mainly because I'm either playing the game with a few friends while we're in the same room (because it's fun and mostly nonsensical), or I'm playing a single player game. I've never understood the whole fascination with online games that's so prevalent these days.

11. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    I do pretty much all my gaming offline. Either singleplayer or - when I've got someone over - couch co-op. I only go online when I've got enough of the basics down to know (most of) the ins and outs, as I don't want to be "that guy" that does all the retarded things that ruin it for others. But even then, there's hardly any appeal to me.

12. Logan97

Logan97 G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Where all things matter
    Offline: Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3... online is laggy as hell, Imagine running a dolphin emulator on the smart phone...

13. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi everything is going according the plan...

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    Offline: every game with local coop
    Online: Borderlands 1 and 2(and Pre-Sequel once is launched), Modnation Racers and Ragnarok Online back in the day.
    I don't play online a lot but those in particular I enjoy playing online.

14. BORTZ

BORTZ You get a hat, and YOU get a hat!

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Its a real shame that nintendo isnt taking this whole "advancing technology" and the "internet" seriously. Brawl could have been a whole lot of fun online, with fleshed out game modes and kept alive with DLC. But their ineptitude seems to be catching up to them as the gap widens as the console march moves into the HD relm as beyond.

I like playing most games offline and alone. The only games I really enjoyed online where obvious ones like Halo.

EZ-Megaman likes this.