Misc What games did you spend the most time in WiFi mode?

ipumuk

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hello,
what are your favourite wifi games? what game did you spend the most time playing in wifi mode?

for me it is worms 2 or tetris.

worms 2 is a lot of fun if you can meet the people you are playing with live on irc and comment on the worst moves of your opponent! i had some great laughs.

tetris is really good when there is noone around on irc. you get connected to an opponent really fast and the game is much more addicting than i expected when i first tried it.

somehow I did not manage to like mario kart. it felt boring and luck dependant ;(

cu on wifi night
lecture.gif

Mandangolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely Mario Kart. I love racing games, and I love playing online.

Now I got Grid, Diddy Kong Racing, and NFS Street, but cant find anyone playing online.

Tetris looks awesome and I think i'll be getting into that soon.

Currently i'm into phantasy star zero.

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mario Kart by a long shot.

Sonic rush 2, tetris, and sometimes pomemon among others.

I hate to say it, but the nintendo WIFI (and PSP) blows. there should be more interaction and less ridiculous restrictions- if kids are stupid enough to give info out then its THERE own fault- Nintendo should be taking more risks.

Mandangolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tac 21 said:
Mario Kart by a long shot.

I hate to say it, but the nintendo WIFI (and PSP) blows. there should be more interaction and less ridiculous restrictions- if kids are stupid enough to give info out then its THERE own fault- Nintendo should be taking more risks.

Yeah not only that, but the fact that almost no games have a lobby system, and almost none of them can you join a game that is currently in progress. This sounds like a small detail but its a huge limitation. People dont want to wait for other people to connect at the same time as them, and this discourages people from trying, which means fewer people searching for games, and long wait times which make most people give up trying.

The only games that don't suffer this are the top 10 most popular wifi games, because so many people are starting and finishing games at any given time.

In order to have a proper lobby system and the ability to join games already in progress, dedicated servers need to be used, which costs thousands. Nintendo and Sony don't want to invest that kind of money in hand held titles, since it's not as profitable.

Phantasy star online is a good step in the right direction. At least you have a real time friend list that alerts you when a friend is signed on.

I understand Nintendo's conservative stance on communication with random players. They dont want all the racist, homophobic, perverted, disgusting things being shouted out in their games that you hear every day on xbox live.

Though they should have a simple Add Friend feature to use after playing random players, and ditch the tedious code system.

ipumuk

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mandangolo said:
Definitely Mario Kart. I love racing games, and I love playing online.

Now I got Grid, Diddy Kong Racing, and NFS Street, but cant find anyone playing online.

Tetris looks awesome and I think i'll be getting into that soon.

Currently i'm into phantasy star zero.

you should come to gbatemp-wifi irc channel. ill play those games with you if we ever meet there.

i am really looking forward to the english version PSZ!

QUOTE(Tac 21 @ Feb 12 2009, 02:21 AM) Mario Kart by a long shot.

how is the sonic rush 2 wifi mode? can you play the single player campaign with or against other players? or what do you do?

AtomicBlue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually play Jump Ultimate Stars and Tetris DS online. I don't really like playing JUS anymore, most of the people online hack or don't play fair. Tetris DS is fun but it get's kinda boring after awhile, I like playing the 4 player battle mode, push is alright.

k4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to play a lot of tetris till 2 weeks ago, now I mostly play mario kart DS. Those two games are really addicting.
Anybody want to have some match ups?
My ranking in Tetris is 5500-6000 (dunno if that's good for some).
I do pretty decent in MKDS. I only lose to snakers in snaker arenas, cheaters (infinite some item, etc...), and random guy who got lucky with his items (lol).
I really need nice comp so here are my friend codes:
Tetris: 981 917 714 903
MKDS: 489 810 397 907

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...