What games are you thankful for in 2017?

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since today is thanksgiving, let's start sharing somethings we are thankful for... like for example, GAMES! Is the one thing we all joined this site for, to discuss them, share opinions and ideas as well as suggestions, the year is almost over, but let's hear what games you thankful for this year? :)

Reactions: shaunj66

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Skyrim, i'm still playing it in 2017! it allowed me to live another life where u are god and control everything....

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Playing SUPER HOT on PSVR finally made the VR dreams I envisioned since I was a child a reality and for that I'm thankful.

Edit: I somehow overlooked Sonic Mania lol. Probably my most anticipated and most enjoyed game in the last 2 decades...

Last edited by shaunj66,
Reactions: CallmeBerto

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hmmm... None really, I haven't bought any game made in this or the past year (last one was Xenoblade X and probably will be the newest for a long time, given my increasing disagreement with software made for profit)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Going through https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_in_video_gaming and my memory.

I have not played Resident Evil 7 yet. That, maybe Middle-earth: Shadow of War and Torment are my only real regrets on the "missed playing" field and I still have not properly done the other middle earth game yet.

Everything else was about as mediocre as I expected, save for Zelda was utterly pedestrian/middle of the road where the earlier footage made me wonder if it was going to be bad (it had many of the hallmarks of a dev overreaching).

Of the things I reviewed.

Sniper Elite 4. Still have positive memories of it.

The Town of Light. Stand by what I said for it. Have not played another art piece style game which supplants it.

The Long Dark. Still has considerable potential but waiting on updates (the flurry of them after release improved things massively) and to see what they do with the later episodes.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am not thankful to Zelda... it took so long to play it that I didn't play any other games this year :(
I usually play and complete 15 games a year, but 2017 has only 2 played games in my log...

but I'm thankful to Zelda and nintendo for making a good game I enjoyed that long.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game I'm thankful for is Blaster Master Zero. Not only is it $9.99 on nintendo eshop, it also has $2 dlc crossover characters and is made by Inti creates, one of my favorite game developers since mega man zero series. They prove that classic games can be brought back to modern times and in the right way. Not only is it a classic fan favorite game remake, it brings crossover characters like Gunvolt, Eroko, Shantae and Shovel Knight as well as continued support and updates since The same day the switch was released. In the latest video it brings 2 player battle mode and even a boss rush mode. :)

Another game, by same developer team, is Mighty Gunvolt Burst also $9.99. Played like a accurately traditional mega man game on nes, it is improved on with a variety of customization options, and level design as well as more crossover characters at the cost of $2 dlc. It is as close to mega man we can get without calling it mega man or capcom trying to sue them. :P

While not actually a game made in 2017, the nintendo switch release of Azure striker Gunvolt Striker pack is a very great improvement worth the asking price of $39.99 compared to the 3DS which is $29.99. The improved framerate to 60FPS, HD graphics and artwork, retuned gameplay and including all previously available dlc with exclusive content is not so bad for $10 increase. Detailed sprites and storytelling and music composition that all seem like is right from a anime, makes it a nice and appealing game, oh and it also plays like Mega man as well. Two games for one price, compilation games are great. :D

There is more games I would like to mention but maybe will wait till later to hear what others think. :ninja:

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I would say the most immersive (eg. I lost days of my life), had to be Breath of the Wild. In between just traveling areas, hunting/running from Guardians, getting good enough to parry and take down most Guardians (first time taking out a heavy Guardian scout make me literally raise my hands in the air).

The game I'm spending my time on is...Neko Atsume. Not really a game - you stuff your yard with goodies, and take photos of kitties that come and play. It's entertaining and I've checked my phone in the middle of the night for new kitties.

Mostly I've been playing Binding of Isaac on the 3DS, and trying to work through my backlog of games.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'll be doing a top 20 (or even a top 30) blog of games I've played this year, similar to last couple of years. Luckily, I can tell about this here because this year I actually DO have some games from this actual year.

But first, I've got to give my many thanks to the games kind gbatempers have given to me. I've made a blog-in-progress on that one, but it still deserves mentioning. :)

Second: GPD win. Best handheld ever made, though the fact that it just runs stock windows is both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because it plays everything on windows right out of the gate (which is why one would get this thing), and a curse because the screen size and processor power limit its potential. So in end result it's great (as stated: best handheld ever), though on windows games you really shouldn't expect everything. But all in all, something I'm still really grateful for. :D

...and then the actual games:
-Morphblade: one of, if not the best, turn based tactic games I've ever played. Simple but deep mechanics, interesting choices to make and more addicting than it might look.

-Cook, serve, delicious 2!: the first cook, serve, delicious was my favorite game of 2015, and this successor to this quirky time management button-presser adds co-op, FAR more menu's, better graphics and about a gazzilion daily menu's (which I'm working on doing :P). It expands perfectly on what I liked about the first game and has me and my girlfriend (who actually LIKES this game) playing together for many hours. This in itself would've been more than reason enough to express my gratitude, but it's somehow even better than that: I got this for less than free.
You see, I wrote a mail to the developer when he first announced this game. He mailed back, I mailed back, and pretty soon I ended up as a beta tester. And while it sometimes actually required some work-ish stuff, the early access was all the payment I wanted. But he wanted to pay me anyway, so in the end I not only got the game for free but a few extra copies as well.
So...as you can expect, I really can't leave out my many thanks for CSD2. Most likely the game is not everyone's cup of tea, but to me it's an awesome, awesome, awesome cup of t...game. :bow:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I may take a shower to remove all the sunburns in my body