What games are you playing right now?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by CAMILEonFORLYF, Feb 14, 2009.

Feb 14, 2009
  1. CAMILEonFORLYF
    OP

Newcomer CAMILEonFORLYF Advanced Member

United States
    Hi guys!

im wondering what games keep you busy these days? and is it worth playing?

as for me: Prof Layton, Final Fantasy Fables, CSI. I am enjoying them so far.. [​IMG]

2. Faded Reality

Newcomer Faded Reality Newbie

United States
    My two newest are Big Bang Mini and Retro Game Challenge.

I've been enjoying them, I recommend both.

3. ZenZero

Member ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

United Kingdom
    PMD2
    chrono trigger

4. SoLuckys

Member SoLuckys GBAtemp Regular

Cyprus
    Mario and Luigi RPG3:P

5. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    My World My Way, Big Bang Mini and Retro Game Challenge.

6. DeadLocked

Member DeadLocked Bi-Winning.

United Kingdom
    Mario & Luigi RPG 3 (J), Naruto Shinobi Retsuden II (Sequel to Ninja Destiny but only in japanese so far), Guitar hero on tour: Decades (No grip)
    I recommend all of them except GH decades if you haven't got a grip.

Halo 3, CoD5 and Guitar Hero World Tour (XBOX 360)
    I recommend Halo 3 for it's replay value and great community and it's a great series.
    CoD5 for it's graphics and gameplay and you will NEVER be stuck for finding a game online
    GH:WT for it's playability even if you're new competing against a pro, and it has REAL music!!

7. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon.
    One of the best DS games around, buy it!

TLoZ Twilight Princess.
    Looking good so far, although I'm not the typical Zelda puzzle fan.

CoD 2 on the PC.
    That's just the best game ever IMHO, after 4 years there are still 1000's of servers online, just brilliant.

8. Sui77

Newcomer Sui77 Member

Australia
    Seeing as I upgraded to a CycloDS Evolution from an Ewin2, I've got rid of my save games(not too big a deal), and I'm playing Picross again [​IMG] I love that stuff..

And even though I haven't really had much time, I've started playing Retro Game Challenge.

Been playing a bit of Colin McRae Dirt on the Xbox360 as well, after night watching a friend play it the other night.

9. Louisiana

Member Louisiana GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Shiren the Wanderer! It's great! You should play it! And Raw Danger! I love that game! And Spartan: Total Warrior! It's awesome! And God Hand! And GunValkyrie!

Man, I'm playin' a lot of good games here!

10. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    At the moment I'm working through Exit DS. It's a lot of moving pieces around the screen and if you make a mistake you have to start over, it's not the most exciting game in the world but I love that kind of thing. [​IMG]

And I would be playing Big Bang Mini, but I'm buying it and the release date's been put back a couple of weeks over here.

11. SleepingDragon

Member SleepingDragon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Fire Emblem SD - about to finish it and definitely recommend it!

Retro Game Challenge - It's definitely a blast and brings back tons of great memories. Definitely recommend it for everyone, but especially for GenXers (30 and up).

Animal Crossing WW- will probably play this until the day I die.

Rune Factory 2 - I'm in the second generation just after going through the underground level beneath the barn. Didn't think they could top RF1, but they have.

12. BMatt

Newcomer BMatt Member

United States
    The World Ends with You, and yes I recommend it to anyone who even remotely likes/liked Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts, or basically any other good RPG.

13. TraumaHoundNDS

Member TraumaHoundNDS GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Uh...I'm trolling the GBAtemp forums "right now" [​IMG]

However, I've recently been playing Big Bang Mini and Retro Game Challenge. A friend also recommended Bangai-O Spirits so I'm gonna stick that on my cart this today.

I'd recommend both the games I mentioned above if one likes classic, arcade-style gaming. I'd also highly recommend Geometry Wars: Galaxies for that same reason (though I haven't played it much lately.)

14. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Chrono trigger. I would recommend it to anyone.

15. Goshogun1

Member Goshogun1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I highly recommend Retro Game Challenge if you were playing games in the 1980's. This game is a gift to everyone who grew up on the nes. Doesn't matter what genre you like, because it includes many genres. Truly my GOTY choice so far, and its only FEB. LOL "Beer Shower"

Also, I have been playing Dragon Quest IV, and am up to chapter 4. Its a great RPG that actually makes me work for my goals. ie: having to really search for info, and look everywhere to proceed, while sometimes being stumped for hours. I am playing every day so I can be ready for Dragon Quest V. But that might have to wait, because the Fan-translation of DQ III Super Famicom is coming VERY soon. Anyway, some of the post PSX Final Fantasy only people might not like it, but I sure do.

16. Faded Reality

Newcomer Faded Reality Newbie

United States
    Great choice, I still play Picross to this day. I can't wait to try out that new 3D Picross game coming to Japan in March!

17. Joey Ravn

Member Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

Spain
    Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2 for the GBA. I love that game. Best Mario plataformer, IMO.

18. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    I always get confused with the Advanced numbering system. is the World? I agree, i love that game.

PS Star world extra zone makes all the enemies weird and changes the all the colors in the game. its really weird and i cant get the originals back lol

19. Morgawr

Member Morgawr GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    Currently I'm playing (beta testing for psycoblaster) ASH, it's a great game and I like it a lot. I don't understand why it didn't sell well in Japan... it's really good and the graphics are the best ever seen on the DS (believe me! It's got FMV in a quality that seems ps2 quality.. it just amazes me every time I see it).

Also I'm trying out Retro Game Challenge (playing it on the bus to school when I don't have time to test ASH), it's really fun and it brings my memories back to the early 90s (I'm way too young to fully appreciate it, but having started playing consoles in the NES era, I still feel its nostalgia)

20. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    Destiny Links and Phantasy Star Zero