What game series do you want to come back?

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Title.

For me, I'd love to see Capcom go and make a new Darkstalkers game and maybe even something new out of the Cyberbots games? Out of all of their classic arcade games, the only reason I knew it existed was Jin in MVC1 and MVC2, who had a giant robot he operated and used in the fights!

Darkstalkers, on the other hand, is a series that died too soon. You have all of these classic monsters, all beautifully animated with more frames of animation than even what they use for the Street Fighter Alpha games on the same arcade board, and who all do insane shit like pulling out a chainsaw, a not-Dracula grabbing his opponent, making them beautiful or female for a second, and then sucking their blood, or a werewolf...and it gets only three entries throughout the 90's, and is now relegated to ports, cameos, and alternate costumes for characters in SFV?

Unfortunately, thanks to video game development costs being much higher and therefore, investment riskier than ever before, and during what will probably be some turbulent times coming forward for the industry thanks to COVID and how things play out in the world going forward, companies like Capcom can't take a chance of making multiple different fighting games or new IPs like they did up until the 7th generation of consoles. Multiple Mega Man series running at the same time? Nope, can't happen anymore. At least we have a new Mega Man game now after Mighty Better Than Nothing, but all we've got now are collections of games that a GC running a GCLoader could play 90% of thanks to emulation and some of the collections of the very same series also seeing ports to that system for!

And this isn't just about Capcom either. Konami...well, they're a lost cause at this point, but if, say, Nintendo were to grow some balls for once and snatch up some of their classic IPs like Goemon, Castlevania, Contra, Metal Gear Solid, etc., and maybe do something new with them that people would actually want to play...well, fun to think about.

Speaking of Nintendo, where's a new F-Zero game? Least they could do to gauge interest is release a F-Zero collection with all of the games, including the GBA ones, and see how well it sells, but it's like Nintendo wants to leave money on the table when it comes to Switch ports. Anything to do with action in the future or space seems to get ignored at the company more so than stuff to do with Mario, Yoshi, Legend of Zelda, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, and Mario Kart. Ever since the days of the Wii, anything that isn't these franchises from Nintendo gets a big ignore from them, it seems. Can you imagine if they made a new F-Zero game that outdid Fast RMX?

That's all that's coming to mind atm when it comes to games that I remember seeing all around me and playing that aren't getting any sort of continuation at this point. What are some old series/franchises that you want to see come back or get some more attention from a company/publisher from?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
If Rincewind comes back to Ankh Morpok,that would be nice....maybe....
A new Metal Slug Chapter maybe too.
I wish someone continues and finish the "Alternate Reality" Series....
Broken Sword...*sigh*
Unreal 3 .....
Spy vs. Spy was soo funny.....

Dreamer, you know you are a dreamer
Well, can you put your hands in your head? Oh no
I said, "Dreamer, you're nothing but a dreamer"
Well, can you put your hands in your head? Oh no
:)

D

Deleted User

rgsrhfdhgtd.jpg

Odd-Technician

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A new Mario vs. DK game but with the classic DK 94 game play style. A DK 94 remake with a HD or new art style would be dope plus with a new DK Jr. Side quest mode... (But Nintendo probably would sell it full price so never mind that.) Maybe a new one with the modern game play? Just with a new title, differentiating for example: "Mini Mario (Something)" But i guess the majority of people didn't really like it as much as the first entry. Still this series is kinda forgotten.

Talking more about Nintendo..there's obviously Chibi Robo and Star Fox...but we already know what happened to those franchises. Oh can't forget about Golden Sun as well as a new Advance wars.

A New Conker game would be cool as heck but i don't know if it could swing well with current age we live in. Maybe the internet would get some memes out of it lol.

Reactions: Tarmfot

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My list would be huge... but will have to choose only one or two or three or... ok, ok. only three of them:

1. Adventures of Lolo (NES series).
I really enjoyed (I still do) playing this game series.

2. World Heroes (Arcade series).
Beside Samurai Shodown/KOF games series, I enjoyed a lot playing World Heroes game series on the Arcades.
3. Super Metroid/Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (SNES style/PSX style, separately). Had to cheat a bit... :P
Would love to see another game like Super Metroid styled game, and Castlevania: Symphony of the night is a great game on the series. Sadly hadn't had the chance to play the Sega Saturn version, but that will be solved soon.

Last edited by CMDreamer,

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
1. Mario Strikers/Superstar Baseball

The current sports lineup of Mario games sucks. There’s tennis...and...shovelware tier sports collection mini games...cool

2. Fallout, but the old school kind

Black Isle had some seriously good writing talent. New Vegas was great too but it’s held back by the clunky Bethesda engine imo.

3. DBZ Tenkaichi

The new DBZ 3D fighters feel so valid and unsatisfying. I don’t know how they keep getting it so wrong. Too basic. Too complicated. Too awful.

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My list would be huge... but will have to choose only one or two or three or... ok, ok. only three of them:

1. Adventures of Lolo (NES series).
I really enjoyed (I still do) playing this game series.

2. World Heroes (Arcade series).
Besides Samurai Shodown/KOF games series, I enjoyed a lot playing World Heroes game series on the Arcades.
3. Super Metroid/Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (SNES style/PSX style, separately). Had to cheat a bit... :P
Would love to see another game like Super Metroid styled game, and Castlevania: Symphony of the night is a great game on the series. Sadly hadn't had the chance to play the Sega Saturn version, but that will be solved soon.

I don't mean to discourage you, but to be honest, as much as I hyped up the Saturn version, it really is kind of an inferior version of the game. Sure, there's some extras, but the extra loading that has to be done, not to mention the slowdown and the poor excuse for transparency effects that are used just kind of puts a distracting tinge on the whole experience IMHO.

There is a "patch" for the Saturn version that at least fixes up the loading that has to be done for pausing, and while it helps, it just doesn't put it up there as the definitive experience, at least for me.

It's worth playing through once or twice! :)

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Do a Crash Bandicoot N-Sane/Spyro Reignited Trilogy version of Ratchet & Clank - actually remake the first game (not removing anything), along with the second and third games. And add in Deadlocked to make it the best collection ever.

Oh, and Pokemon Ranger. I quite enjoyed those two games, back when the DS Lite was still the hot handheld; I would love to see one of these again.

Reactions: Takokeshi
D

Deleted User

Etrian Odyssey is something I'd like to see come back, though it's hard to see how its unique gameplay will be applied without Stylus input; Auto-Mapping is fine for Walls and Terrain, but beyond that it basically renders itself redundant to the genre.

If it does somehow release to the Switch and my Switch Pro wishes of an actual Stylus comes true, it may be the only game that works on Handheld Mode only; that might not be a bad thing since there are already titles that only work for Docked Mode.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Not gonna list them all 'cause I'd die of old age and so would the universe before I finished. But I guess my top picks would be...

- Silent Bomber. Seriously, how did this never get a sequel? It was a... blast. No, I'm not apologizing. Less early 2000s angst, more blowing shit up, modern graphics, done. Instant classic.

- Snowboard Kids. We get new Mario Kart all the time but never any SBK. I know the DS one was a bit of a letdown but killing the series off entirely wasn't the right way to handle that.

- Starfox. Yeah it's technically still going but by god does it need an infusion of fresh ideas. Stop remaking the original. We need the series to continue, not go round and around in a holding pattern and get slapped by Nintendo's worst control scheme ideas.

- F Zero. It's practically a meme to bang on about this, it's the Nintendo equivalent of Half Life 3. We have a few 'spiritual successors' but who here wouldn't squee like a teenage girl at a boy band's nude calendar shoot if they announced F Zero GX 2?

And lastly not technically a suggestion since another one is due out in about 5-6 weeks, but it's a travesty that bland series like CoD and Assassin's Creed get annual sequels but we have to wait ten years for big new Persona games and not just spin-offs. How'd that happen? Why is bland repetitive busy work given so much more time and focus than anything created with effort?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most things here I have had ended up being one of those "be careful what you wish for" scenarios, though amusingly enough often accompanied by what is a spiritual sequel in all but name.

Obviously I miss Advance Wars, however given the dark path Fire Emblem (the other game from said devs) took in recent iterations I am not going to clamour for anything there.

Wouldn't mind some of the RTS titles from the late 90s and early 2000s to come back -- it is not that I dislike the modern stuff but it did head a different way in many cases. That said Syndicate, although it came back as not a RTS, is probably one of the better examples in the careful for thing (Thief probably being another).

If EA decided to drop Skate 4 I would be more than OK with that -- Skater XL had some merits but not quite enough yet, have not got around to Tony Hawk remake yet and not entirely sure I want to (I hear it is actually good but the Tony Hawk control scheme is not something I am clamouring to get back to any more than I am single stick 3d platform games.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Some good suggestions. Here are mine :

Mole mania : oh, if only Nintendo had a platform with two screens so the upper and lower world could be showcased at the same time. :rolleyes:

F-zero. I'm not really waiting for this, but it's kind of obvious.

Mario VS donkey Kong classic style. It's not that I hate the minis, but I miss the key grabbing puzzly kind of platformers

Wii fit (or switch fit?) : is really a shame that balance board went along the way of most of games ' peripherals

Red alert 2: I'm keeping my fingers really crossed for this one. C&C remaster was awesome, so this remake should be all I'll ever need (until I get tired of it, if course ;))

Race for the galaxy : temple gates' sort of' announced they'd bring the later card games to mobile, but since they're a small company things always take tiiiiiime (like : they're only doing one release a year or so). I really want them to digitize the roll for the galaxy and shards of infinity dlc as well, but given the choice : more race.

@Chary : ehm... Don't the wasteland games count as new old skool fallout games? :unsure:

Last edited by Taleweaver,

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Mii-related games (Sports, Play, Party, Nintendo Land, ...) are really fun and it is a shame Nintendo might disassociate themselves from Miis due to the Wii brand.

I`d even welcome a Wii Music 2 if all songs were video game-related.

Cdiddy1122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally want a new Pikmin game, the last one we got was Pikmin 3. no other games for the series were released after that. None at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: