What game series do you want to come back?

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
F81F74C8-3B27-438C-8A5F-9973F5F7FB59.jpeg

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why F Zero tho? Like you can't be like "Bring back F Zero or make a $20 F Zero eshop game" just cus. If they did bring back F Zero then what and if you can't make a F Zero game that can compete with Mario Kart 8 or 9 then whats the point?

Shallie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would totally kill for a new Darkstalkers, actually, I just want Capcom FGs that aren't Street Fighter for a change. Hopefully with Ono out of the picture maybe we'll actually get something new.

Also, with CyberConnect2 announcing a new game right around the 10 year anniversary of Asura's Wrath, a remake/remaster of it would be amazing (but that also depends on Capcom lol!!)

Last edited by Shallie,

MarioKid666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CDI Zelda

Seriously, Okami

A proper Ultima reboot would be nice to see, I've been replaying the original games occasionally and I forgot how fun they are. Unfortunately, Garriott claims EA just doesn't give a shit about the property and refuses to support anything new, so probably won't ever happen :( Not that I'd want EA to touch an Ultima game anyways.

Breath of Fire (in it's original style, anyways) would be cool to see come back, too. The newest one that's still JP only from like 2015 or whatever looks like trash.
From what I have heard SotA sucks.

Kid Icarus
Dark Cloud
F-Zero
Thrillville
NiGHTS (Balan Wonderland isn't a revival)
Mario Sports (Mix) series-as in the series with the Final Fantasy characters.
Parappa the Rapper
I didn't know Balan was a revival

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll never, ever stop wishing for a Phantasy Star V in the traditional style with at least some of the original creators.

I miss shadowrun games a lot, they were like, the best RPGs. I hope they come back one day

I'm a big fan of the Sega version and was a backer on Shadowrun Returns, so I'm with you. I think part of the problem is that several high profile games have come close enough to the Shadowrun formula and style that there's less of a demand for a game to be Shadowrun specifically. Deus Ex and Cyberpunk, for example.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Out of all them games I played and love that I'd wish they ever get a sequel or something...
The Klonoa series. Those are game I hold dear to my heart, and I wish Namco didn't relegate my cabbit boy to just make the occasional cameo...

For other games on I can remember atm... Tombi/Tomba, Gitaroo man... Mh, Chocobo Racing is kinda getting a sequel on switch soon, hoping its not complete crap... Rhythm thief, that game ends on a fucking cliffhanger, finish the damn story Sega! :angry:
I probably have more games I sure wish could get sequels or what, but I need to remember them, lol

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Old school Final Fantasy from back when Nobuo Uematsu was still doing the soundtrack and they were all turn based. I miss those days and people just don't make JRPGs like that anymore. The closest we get is Bravely Default and Octopath Traveler and those are obviously very budget ways to make a JRPG, no voice acting, no FMV cutscenes, it's like they're afraid to put in effort to make the game as good as possible.
Banjo Kazooie needs to make a proper comeback, but it's not going to happen while Microsoft is in charge. They have completely squandered all of Rare's IP.

Reactions: DarkCoffe64

blue-moon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
vgcollect.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Out of all them games I played and love that I'd wish they ever get a sequel or something...
The Klonoa series. Those are game I hold dear to my heart, and I wish Namco didn't relegate my cabbit boy to just make the occasional cameo...
I wish Namco did more with their old IPs in general feels like after the bandai namco merger their output has mostly been games that are more typical of bandai, shame Namco's IPs don't get the same love they used too

Reactions: DarkCoffe64

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll never, ever stop wishing for a Phantasy Star V in the traditional style with at least some of the original creators.
If you have not played 7th Dragon (director for it was the same as PS4 and she also did art for 2) then while it is high fantasy rather than sci fi it might be worth a look in here. Some of them do have translations as well if needed
https://www.romhacking.net/?page=tr...&order=&dir=&title=7th&author=&transsearch=Go
From what I can tell other than Yuji Naka (no RPGs since a Playstation 2 Phantasy Star Universe, of late "Balan Wonderworld") and Rieko Kodama noted above then nobody else noted in the big roles is all that active in games any more -- few composers get dragged in for anniversary recordings of soundtracks but that is about it.

ROM hacks for PS2 and PS4 (I generally ignore 3) are not as extensive as you might see with some of the whole new story/total conversion type things we see for Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest and what have you but can also spice things up a bit
https://www.romhacking.net/?page=ha...e=20&order=&dir=&title=&author=&hacksearch=Go https://www.romhacking.net/?page=ha...e=20&order=&dir=&title=&author=&hacksearch=Go

Also while you said traditional style it would still be remiss of me not to note that the text adventures series for 2 is translated
https://www.romhacking.net/?page=tr...order=&dir=&title=star&author=&transsearch=Go

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would pay for a Mother Series collection, but knowing Nintendo in any capacity this will never happen, or just not happen for anywhere outside of Japan.

Medal Gear Rising might have been an alternate shoot from the MGS series of games, I would have loved to see more of that if that was the original game plan to create a divergent series of games featuring the break dancing ninja cyborg and his crazy adventures.

Prototype was fun, never got around 2 but apparently they stopped before a 3 could come out. So I am sure that has potential especially if MS plans on reviving the IP in any way.

Any Valve title that isn't DOTA/CS related would be nice seeing some continuation. But we know all about that..

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i wanted splinter cell to return and it will return with a remake in afew years, not what i wanted but better than nothing i guess.

We need a new spyro game that isnt a remake also.

Geist sequel or eternal darkness would be preety cool also.

Reactions: AncientBoi

appleburger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for F-Zero, I'm imagining we'll be able to race a couple F-Zero characters in the Super Smash Kart that's rumored, which isn't quite what we want, but maybe that'll be the stepping stone for a true F-Zero game.

I personally would love to see an attempt at an open world F-Zero game, done in the style of Kirby Air ride. That game had an insanely fun formula that I think could really be amazing with the right polish.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
  • Monkey island (and i mean only like lucas arts made it)
  • Sam and max (and i mean only like lucas arts made it)
  • Grim fandango (and i mean only like lucas arts made it)
  • Maniac mansio (and i mean only like lucas arts made it)
  • Full throttle (and i mean only like lucas arts made it)
  • 7th guest
  • Broken sword
  • The punisher (not really a serie but it should get remastered)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus