What game(s) are are you playing on your Wii at the moment?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by eyeliner, Nov 8, 2018.

1. eyeliner
    OP

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Feb 17, 2006
    Portugal
    Hello boys and girls!

Tell your internet daddy here what you are playing with your beloved system.
    Me?
    I'm blasting baddies in Kong's island in Donkey Kong Country Returns.
    My current objective is trying to clear 2/3 levels a session, because there's levels that are HARD, and i'm becoming a bit old, like Kranky, and my patience is a virtue I have trouble maintaining.

Yesterday night, I cleared the second world (Beach).

I try to get all items, but I mostly fail the puzzle pieces by one or two, but I can't afford to go back and complete them. Sometimes, the collision detection seems to be a bit loose (damned waves and giant octopuss), but all in all, it has very good gameplay, nice pacing, good challenge, and a very worthy alternative to Mario Wii. Also, I don't like the sounds coming from the wiimote nor having to wiggle the wiimote for some movements, but I'm getting used to them.

Also, the game rocks, holds up very well, and I see that Tropical Freeze doesn't bring anything really new to the formula. It's basically the same game.

What about you? Let's discuss and possibly rediscover some gems.

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    TBH I haven't played a Wii game in a while. Last one I played was Super Paper Mario in Dolphin, I like coming back to that game every now and then. Also I never did beat Arc Rise Fantasia, maybe I should go back and play that.
    The puzzle pieces aren't really worth it for the rewards you get. The KONG pieces are worth it though.

3. johnrambo

johnrambo Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2018
    Italy
    From time to time I start Xenoblade Chronicles ... but only to see the initial movie: a wonderful thing!

4. eyeliner
    OP

Feb 17, 2006
    Portugal
    DKCR intro is also funny as heck.

5. TuxTux

TuxTux Member

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2018
    Luxembourg
    Mario Kart. What else?

6. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAPerm

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    Aptos, California
    Does Luigi’s mansion through nintendont count? My daughter plays this with me and she loves to take detours is well lit areas. Ugh....”We’ve already been here.” Anyhow, she has fun. She likes to open the false doors. Gameover!

7. MaeseJesus

MaeseJesus GBAtemp Fan

Apr 3, 2013
    I've gone back to Geometry Wars - Galaxies, I don't get tired of it, and also I found recently an Arcade Shooter named Target Terror; I had no idea it was ported to the Wii. It's absolutely ridiculous, the pre-rendeed actors are so hammy and the way they dress can be funny too.

Yes, Mr. Terrorist, that black ski mask goes very well with your bright red tracksuit, you're not suspicious at all!

I'll probably replay Wario Land - Shake It! sometime before 2018 ends.

8. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Replaying all shooters, but in particular: Links crossbow training.

9. UltraDolphinRevolution

UltraDolphinRevolution GBAtemp Fan

Jul 30, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Rail shooters or FPS? I have played all FPS (and most rail shooters) except Far Cry.

I've finished the SP campagin Rogue Trooper (which has been ported to the newer consoles but the Wii version is superior in terms of water graphics and controls).

Also, I'm enjoying Tact of Magic. It's a Japanese exclusive. A gentleman gave me a menu translation and while I still don't understand the story, the game is fantastic. Makes me really long for more Wiimote RTS games (Pikmin and Battalion Wars only have RTS elements). They didn't even use the freaking U gamepad (which could have been great for asymmetrical RTS gameplay) on Wii U.

DKCR is perfect in SP but in Coop MP, there should have been two characters who can fly. The two can join forces, but then what's the point of playing MP.

Last edited by UltraDolphinRevolution, Nov 11, 2018
  10. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    @UltraDolphinRevolution all light gun games.

Mad dog, gunblade, ghost squad, top shot games, gunslingers, crossbow training, cabelas, deer/buck blast em ups.

Need to try sin and punishment...

Just want some Arcady action, and to use the shotgun zapper I’ve had for years and never had reason to get you :P

11. hug0-a7x

hug0-a7x GBAtemp Fan

Jan 19, 2013
    Brazil
    Mario Kart Wii online

12. UltraDolphinRevolution

Jul 30, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I've played Gunslingers (sometimes called Western Heroes), Ghost Squad and Heavy Fire: Afghanistan in a party of 3.
    I must say, Gunslingers was by far the best.

But yes, the Wii has a lot more rail shooters. There is one in which you shoot water (can't think of the name right now), two games with that colored pistol, Dead Space (very good campaign and Survival mode for 1 or 2P), House of the Dead Overkill (1-2P, but Minigames for 4P) etc.

I still encourage you to try FPS games. Most players didn't have the patience to get used to turning speeds, dead zones etc, but it opens up a whole new world. Using sticks for aiming now feels to me like using the D-pad for aiming (for most people).

13. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    I have played most FPS games on Wii, right now I’m on a light gun kick. Any idea if wiiSX runs point blank and the likes?

14. UltraDolphinRevolution

Jul 30, 2016
    Gambia, The
    No, idea about WiiSX. Sorry for assuming you didn't play FPS on Wii. However, it seems most players are like that.

KiiWii likes this.
  15. eyeliner
    OP

Feb 17, 2006
    Portugal
    Nice deas, guys. For some reason, Mario Kart Wii, pops a message for me to take out some peripheral, or something, forcing me to shutdown the Wii.

I'm also playing F-Zero X through VC.

KiiWii likes this.
  16. Larsenv

Larsenv Dr. Wii, Ph.D

Sep 28, 2013
    United States
    DFW
    Kirby's Return to Dream Land.

17. monkeyman4412

monkeyman4412 Gbatemp's moronic trash

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    Darn, I can't come up with something edgy
    Sonic Riders Zero gravity. Working on 100% the game so people of the internet don't have to 100% this game manually anymore. (it's a pain in the ass)

18. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Regular

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
    Sonic Heroes because I never finished it on the Gamecube. Also I should really finish Sonic Colors.

19. eyeliner
    OP

Feb 17, 2006
    Portugal
    Still crackin' DKCR. Yesterday, I quit a level because it's so damn frustrating.

20. UltraDolphinRevolution

Jul 30, 2016
    Gambia, The
    That's the wrong attitude. Various NES games may be frustrating, but DKCR always stays fair and is therefore a joy to play (at least in SP).