What game didnt give you "pirate's syndrome'" ?

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really only don't pirate games if they are on sale (I bought Spirit Tracks for $20 last week because it was on sale new at Fry's), have a really awesome collectors edition/preorder gift, or if the dump has some issue the drives me up the wall (like Grand Bazaar's glitch flashing at the top of the screen. I ended up just buying that.), or if it's just too much of a pain to pirate. Speaking of which, I really need to go to the bank and make a deposit so I can get the PC version of KotOR from Steam. I have the second game for the PC, and I own both games for the Xbox, but the Xbox isn't mine and my sister wants it back...

Baboo77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wouldn't call it pirate syndrome in my case. Its more like shovelware filtering, I DL a lot of games, try them out for a bit and if they still suck after 30 mins they get erased. If they have potential I will usually keep them for a rainy day. Only a few ever make it to the "good enough to spend the money on a retail" status and I am more than happy to shell out the bucks for them even after I have completed the game.

Those would include, The Marios and Mariokarts, The Zeldas, The Metroids, Final Fantasy's that have nothing to do with crystals, Chrono Trigger would be the best RPG ever made, Sin and Punishment 1 and 2, Trauma Center was a real gem amongst the shovelware, I woulda paid for Dead Space Extraction if it would have had a bit more content it was a awesome game but too short and the replay value wasn't all that great. Ghost Busters is also pretty fun and I might just buy that one too. And if they ever made a DK64 style game for wii I would probably make love to it for a thousand years.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ah yes, thank god the mods deleted my post forever. You guys are the real patriots. Cause I can't make a comment on a thread bumped from JULY. Cause you need to protect the vital integrity of this forum. In the off-topic section. Thank you so much for sterilizing my errors and insulting me behind a veil of anonymity, Mr. Anonymous mod. How brave.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nostalgia, Miles Edgeworth, Heart Gold (though I bought this). Maybe some other games but I can't remember them.

Games I quit playing: Sands of Destruction, SMT: Strange Journey, Luminous Arc 2, Lunar Knights.
Games I want to play but never did: Glory of Hercules, DQ9
I hope to finish these... someday.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
yuyuyup said:
Ah yes, thank god the mods deleted my post forever. You guys are the real patriots. Cause I can't make a comment on a thread bumped from JULY. Cause you need to protect the vital integrity of this forum. In the off-topic section. Thank you so much for sterilizing my errors and insulting me behind a veil of anonymity, Mr. Anonymous mod. How brave.

If you have a problem, PM a mod. Seriously, you sound pretty childish right now.

Kaosu-Noko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the wii

Super mario galxy 1&2
Metroid Other M
Brawl
Okami
Muramasa
No More Heroes

DS

All Mario and Pokemon

PSP
Peace Walker

bought peace walker Okami, All Pokemons And Just bought Super mario galxy 2

bnwchbammer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.
Umm... damn, I don't know if I've beaten any other games that I've pirated...
Which is a lot of them.
I'm trying to get through Dead Space.
We'll see how that goes.
Actually, I beat Extraction, so I guess that didn't give me pirate syndrome.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Panzer Tactics
Steel Horizon
Age of Empires (both)
Advance Wars (both)
Commander: Europe at War
Civilization Revolution

All of the above games never stop giving, constant replay worth, I never regretted buying them at all.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
jgu1994 said:
Tetris. No matter how much you play, you can always play more.

Amen. I'm usually plagued with Pirate Syndrome, but this game gave me the Tetris Effect!

I've also enjoyed Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars from start to finish, as well as Chibi Robo: Park Patrol, the Professor Layton series, and Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. (The latter so much, in fact, that I went out and bought a legitimate copy later on!)

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basically any zelda game.
the indie bundle pack.
haunting ground (that game is fucking scary :|)

also, the myst games i have never pirated. they are worth the money.

D

Deleted_171835

• All the Phoenix Wright games.
  • Mario and Luigi Partners in Time.
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Portal, CoD4 singleplayer
Half life 2 episode 2 started to but then i deleted it and bought off steam
tongue.gif

funkymonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a habit of downloading a batch of games after a few hours, transferring them to my DS, I turn it on, check if each game stars properly, then go back and randomly play them for about 15 or so minutes. When you have something like Google at your possession it's hard to keep your attention on only just one game.

That and I'm a collector by heart, both in physical and downloaded games. So pay no attention to me, I have a problem. -_-

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
On the DS, I finished the first two Phoenix Wright games, and both Professor Layton's, about 20% with GTACW, and completed the career mode in Tony Hawks American Sk8land. On PC, I've mostly stopped pirating, because most of the games I want to play are multi-player. I think the last pirated PC game I completed was CoD 4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16