Hacking What game can I use for private header ?

Samwix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I'd like to know if I can use any game's header (Inazuma Eleven 3 in my case) to put it on my other ROMS to play online

thanks

pcmantinker

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gamerfootprint.com
XP
Country
United States
I tried a non-online game's header on an online game but was unable to connect. I believe headers should come from a game that is capable of going online. However, I only tried my Cubic Ninja header dump with SSB vs my Street Fighter IV header dump with SSB. Every game that I have that plays online has worked with my private Street Fighter IV header. I used Gateway Rom Patcher to fix the chip ID and manufacturer as necessary for each online game.

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried a non-online game's header on an online game but was unable to connect. I believe headers should come from a game that is capable of going online. However, I only tried my Cubic Ninja header dump with SSB vs my Street Fighter IV header dump with SSB. Every game that I have that plays online has worked with my private Street Fighter IV header. I used Gateway Rom Patcher to fix the chip ID and manufacturer as necessary for each online game.

Did you change the extension to .3dz

EDIT - You will lose your save if you do this.

pcmantinker

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gamerfootprint.com
XP
Country
United States
The .3dz extension is only for Gateway to enable online play. It shouldn't matter if it's a .3ds or .3dz extension before going to Gateway. I can successfully go online with my private Street Fighter IV header. I will see about trying some of my other headers to see if it matters whether the game supports online or not.

EDIT: It should also be noted that some games appear to use the Nintendo Network while others use their own servers (FIFA 14 and FIFA 15 for example for downloading new rosters).

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The .3dz extension is only for Gateway to enable online play. It shouldn't matter if it's a .3ds or .3dz extension before going to Gateway. I can successfully go online with my private Street Fighter IV header. I will see about trying some of my other headers to see if it matters whether the game supports online or not.

EDIT: It should also be noted that some games appear to use the Nintendo Network while others use their own servers (FIFA 14 and FIFA 15 for example for downloading new rosters).

Cool I will do some test on my end also.

pcmantinker

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gamerfootprint.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I can confirm that using my Pilot Wings Resort private header with a modified chip ID on my eShop dumped Mario Kart 7 rom works. It doesn't appear to have any kind of connection to whether the game is online capable or not. The eShop dump of my Mario Kart 7 rom didn't have a header to begin with since I purchased it on the eShop and it was essentially a CIA install prior to doing a .3DZ conversion for playing on my Gateway red card.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I can confirm that using my Pilot Wings Resort private header with a modified chip ID on my eShop dumped Mario Kart 7 rom works. It doesn't appear to have any kind of connection to whether the game is online capable or not. The eShop dump of my Mario Kart 7 rom didn't have a header to begin with since I purchased it on the eShop and it was essentially a CIA install prior to doing a .3DZ conversion for playing on my Gateway red card.

Back on the older header guide, it was said that Zelda A Link Between Worlds header worked.

If this was the case of offline game headers working for online games, then I think he best headers to use are from offline games. Then you don't have to worry about anyone going on line with it.
I feel like buying a used game from Gamestop then returning it. There's no chance another Gateway user will use that same exact copy of the game for their header.

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back on the older header guide, it was said that Zelda A Link Between Worlds header worked.

If this was the case of offline game headers working for online games, then I think he best headers to use are from offline games. Then you don't have to worry about anyone going on line with it.
I feel like buying a used game from Gamestop then returning it. There's no chance another Gateway user will use that same exact copy of the game for their header.

Just buy a cheap new game. I'm sure you can find one under 20.

Reactions: G-STAR01

Samwix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Inazuma Eleven 3 has an online mode but I only can download some additional content. Could I play online with its header?

Krazplay

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I played a game of Mario Tennis online with a private offline game header (I used Gateway Rom Patcher) and it worked perfectly.
I don't remember where I read it, but online is supposed to be fine with a header from an offline game.

G-STAR01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Just buy a cheap new game. I'm sure you can find one under 20.

This^
Buy it and keep it.

I bought Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D for just under £4 ($6.10) from Amazon (new).

Having a quick look at the US site:
Crosswords PLUS $5.49 [offline]
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 $6.84 [online]

Reactions: MattKimura

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This^
Buy it and keep it.

I bought Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D for just under £4 ($6.10) from Amazon (new).

Arrgh, I already dedicated all my games to use my Mario Kart 7's header. I was hoping to start using an offline game so I can get rid of this one. I guess I'll have to keep Mario Kart 7. I sold all my other 3DS games.

kamilwilly

Trophies
XP
Country
This^
Buy it and keep it.

Can you use the Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D header for all online games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16