Hacking what fw upgrade should i do

rookrook

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi there all firstly thanx for any help anyone can give me i have a wii on fw 2.1 im looking for sugestions what would be best way to mod ie:- goto fw 4 then use softmod for dumies or up all help appreciatedomtin like that

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Personally I think if you have like brawl or something that has an update to 3.1 or something (or even 3.3 or 3.4) go with that and then do steps 1 and 2 from this guide to get you to 3.2.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118446

Instead of the preparation step in that guide you can use bannerbomb instead with the hackmii installer from bootmii.org and install everything you can from that. (Since you have a Wii thats on fw 2.1 it may be old enough to install bootmii to boot2. If it is promptly use it to make a NAND backup of your Wii ASAP(use GC controller in bootmii menu on startup and click the 4th icon then the first icon on the next screen). It will need about 528-540ish MB for the backup so you need at least a 1 GB card. If you do that you will have 100% brick protection from that point on.)

After that if you DO want the features of 4.0 (sd card menu) then follow this guide after doing the first one.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

And if you do install bootmii to boot2 you can skip the preloader steps in that guide (unless you want the hacks stuff from it, though you can also just use startpatch for that as well.)

oxMUDxo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have the best Wii anyone can get so keep it!!!
It can install BootMii to Boot2 on the Wii....Thats good.
smile.gif

1st. I would rent a game to update to 3.1..like Super Smash Brothers Braw.I think it has 3.1....

2nd. Use the Zelda Hack to install the Home Brew Channel.

3rd. After that I would install cIOS rev10 and BootMii to Boot2..

4th. Then back up the System NAND.."now you can save the system if it gets Bricked"

5th. Use Waninkoko's 4.0 Firmware installer to upgrade to 4.0..

6th. Get the IOS60 patch and Wad Manger 1.3 or 1.4

7th. Use Wad Manger to install the IOS60 Patch..

DONE!
Thats it in at nut shell..if I missed something let me know people..
If you need more detalled instructions let me know.

I'm not 100% sure you can go from 3.1 to 4.0 My Wii was at 3.2 when I used Waninkoko's 4.0 Firmware installer..
Can anyone comfurm it?

rookrook

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok considering all the stuff that i can do with a 2.1 wii what can i do with it to mod it if i dont have zelda or any 3.1 games as i dont know any 3.1 games i have is there a prob apdating it to 4.0 then using 4.1v for dummies ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.