Hardware What FW can I expect to have if I bought a (New) OldN3DS From an official resaler? (Gamestop)

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Everything looks right, system nand on 10.1 and emunand on 10.1. Once done assuming it's a donor go ahead and downgrade the 2ds to 9.0-9.5 and wait the 7 days. Once done spoof both 2ds and n3ds and system transfer ota like normal

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Everything looks right, system nand on 10.1 and emunand on 10.1. Once done assuming it's a donor go ahead and downgrade the 2ds to 9.0-9.5 and wait the 7 days. Once done spoof both 2ds and n3ds and system transfer ota like normal

He doesn't have any N3DS. It's just a simple system transfer between O3DS and 2DS.
So from what you said, I guess everything is okay. He just need to transfer from O3DS sysnand to 2DS emunand.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
He doesn't have any N3DS. It's just a simple system transfer between O3DS and 2DS.
So from what you said, I guess everything is okay. He just need to transfer from O3DS sysnand to 2DS emunand.
I've hit an issue. The transfer cannot complete without inputting the NNID of the old system, and the bottom screen is black. I cannot do anything.
(Edit) I could guess at it for over 6 hours. But that's not really worth it.

Last edited by Ruby Gloom,

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Then call them and ask them to remove the nnid and add it to the new one. Don't tell them you have emunand just let them know both consoles are up to date

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Does that really work? Can't they just see I'm not on a legit firmware...? Also, what should I do about online play? It claims i can't play because it's a bad gamecard.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Then call them and ask them to remove the nnid and add it to the new one. Don't tell them you have emunand just let them know both consoles are up to date

Does that really work? Can't they just see I'm not on a legit firmware...? Also, what should I do about online play? It claims i can't play because it's a bad gamecard.
So, umm...

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

I think it does. I can't be sure though since never had the need to deal with them. But other people have in the past and I think it went fine.
And how exacty are you playing online? You're using a .3dz rom or you installed the game in .cia format?

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I think it does. I can't be sure though since never had the need to deal with them. But other people have in the past and I think it went fine.
And how exacty are you playing online? You're using a .3dz rom or you installed the game in .cia format?
I dumped Smash on my sd card then just put axce.3ds on the micro sd into my gateway.

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I dumped Smash on my sd card then just put axce.3ds on the micro sd into my gateway.

If you dumped your own cartridge, it already has a header (which is what the rom needs to be able to be used online).
You need to also rename the extension of the file from .3ds to .3dz though or Gateway won't know that it should also read the header. So make sure you do that.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
If you dumped your own cartridge, it already has a header (which is what the rom needs to be able to be used online).
You need to also rename the extension of the file from .3ds to .3dz though or Gateway won't know that it should also read the header. So make sure you do that.
Ok. Smash claims my game card isn't usable for online gameplay.

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I known; I still think thats the problem though.

Well.. honestly, aside from that and a problem with game updates, I can't think of anything else that may cause that. It can't be a problem with the header since it's a direct dump from a real game cartridge. So I kinda agree but dunno.

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Well.. honestly, aside from that and a problem with game updates, I can't think of anything else that may cause that. It can't be a problem with the header since it's a direct dump from a real game cartridge. So I kinda agree but dunno.

They even said they just dragged and dropped and didn't change the extension. But yes having an updated emunand (9.4+) and all the updates is required as well

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Do you have all the updates for Smash installed? Did it give you any notification about an update for the game when trying to run the game?
It literally states the gamecard you are using is not qualified for online play. Seek help on nintendo.com/--- ( I'm lazy.) No, it is .3ds not .3dz . I thought i'd be safe just using that. I don't need a rom patch?

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It literally states the gamecard you are using is not qualified for online play. Seek help on nintendo.com/--- ( I'm lazy.) No, it is .3ds not .3dz . I thought i'd be safe just using that. I don't need a rom patch?

I just told you before that you need to change the extension to .3dz though. If you don't, GW won't read the header and you won't be able to use the rom online...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shame it wasn't Facebook that paused them
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Fucking lame. Thread viewed 1000 times and only one reply that doesnt even answer what I asked.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.
    I mean. All I ask was for people to see if ONE, SINGLE website is working properly in edge. 1000 people see it but cant be bothered at all
    Ready to just leave this place anyway. The amount of shit talking and bullying behavior that goes unchecked is crazy. No where else do I see this shit towards me and others. Not even on reddit have I been talked to like I have here by other members
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I did read the last sentence in your post by the way. Maybe try changing the privacy settings in your browser to standard if that works.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I've also heard that Chromium-based browsers will stop working with ad-blockers.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Please dont go we need you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I really learned not to give a fuck what others do online it's helped ease my mind try it sometime.
    @SylverReZ That reply to you was when we werent on good terms. lol. I tried everything. Changing privacy settings etc.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Fuck Chromium. Firefox 4evar.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    (Firefox 4 now, anyway. Let's see if they pull some crap too.)
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Netscape ftw
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Funny enough went to download chrome Bing gave error installed Firefox fine
    +1
    Thing is , the videos work fine in the Edge Dev and Canary builds. But whatever the fix the made was, has never been piushed to Beta or Stable builds. Its been that way for as far back as I tested. Which was Edge 84. They are on 125 now.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Yeah, and I was in quite a mood at that time. I would consider choosing Firefox or Opera instead, been using Firefox for over 7 years now than Chrome.
    Tried contacting Nintendo to see if they can reach out to MS about it. But Nintendo said the videos are working fine. Without enough people saying no, they don't work fine, it will never get fixed.
    I have Firefox and used it for many years. But Edge runs noticible faster on my pc at both opening and loading pages.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: I have Firefox and used it for many years. But Edge runs noticible faster on my pc at both...