What flashing hardware you recommend?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by halcon_milenium, Mar 19, 2007.

Mar 19, 2007
  1. halcon_milenium
    OP

Newcomer halcon_milenium Newbie

Canada
    Hi everyboby,

My son has a Nintendo DS and a Nintendo GBA SP and I would like to buy for him one of this flashing cards, so he can start playing this .nds files, my question is...what do you recommend to buy the M3, G6, supercard, R4, DS Xtreme...etc, etc, etc? I will appreciate any help that you can offer me here....!!!

Thanks in advance for everybody..... [​IMG]

2. dbgtdob

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    depends if you buy one of the older ones it can fit inside a ds and a gba sp as well, you can use the flash cart on both of them, if you buy one of the newer ones made for the dsl it wont fit inside his gba sp, the newer ones play ds games better but if you want to be able to use the flash cart on both systems then get a older one, also the newer ones are more easier to use, the older ones need you to run a program to write the games to the flash card, while the newer ones you simply click and drag them into them, but its up to you, what is your price range on this?

3. strummer12

Member strummer12 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    M3 simply or R4. they're both the same thing so whatever is cheaper. Very easy to use and works a charm, but you can't play GBA games on them, only DS.

I have an M3 simply and it's the best purchase I ever made for my DS since I don't care about gba games.

4. halcon_milenium
    OP

Newcomer halcon_milenium Newbie

Canada
    Hi again,

Can you tell me which ones are "new ones" and which ones are considered "old"? Is this model any good assuming that he wants to play only DS games ...?

Can you recommend some place where I can buy these cards in Canada...?

Thanks again to everybody.....!!!

5. strummer12

Member strummer12 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Check out the reviews for whatever card you're looking at on this site. If you just want to play NDS games, Get and R4 or M3 Simply. But it's your money and your choice so reading the reviews will help you find what you're looking for.

http://kicktrading.ca is an excellent site and very reputable to order from. They're in Ontario and I ordered my M3 simply from them. It arrived in about 4 days.

6. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    If you only need DS games, then get the R4 or M3 Simply. If you want GBA games as well, get the M3 Perfect or the G6, and a Passcard.

7. EvoTroy

Newcomer EvoTroy Member

United States
    DS and GBA support.

http://www.realhotstuff.com/expansion-king...ader-p-200.html

If you want ease of use, get R4 or DS-X. If you choose DS-X, a 2GB one is coming soon to an online shop near you so I would wait. Also, G6 is about to release their new Slot-1 so you might want to wait til the end of the month to make a serious decision.

8. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    I assumed money was not an issue. The EZF4 is a cheaper solution, but just as good as the M3. Only the M3 has a built-in GBA movie player. I like that feature [​IMG]