What flashcard should i get for the 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by fojacko, Dec 29, 2011.

Dec 29, 2011
  1. fojacko
    OP

Member fojacko GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I have a 3ds and i was looking for a good card, i have seen the Supercard DSTWO and i am thinking of getting that because it can emulate GBA games, is that the only flashcard that can do it or can some of the cheaper cards such as the Acekard 2i 3ds also emulate GBA gba games?

Also, does the DSTWO require a DSlite or phat to update once a new firmware is released? (it doesn't matter that much as i have 2 dslites)

2. Giga_Gaia

Member Giga_Gaia Shinigami

Canada

You can either get a supercard DSTwo or an acekard 2i. If you really care about GBA emulation and SNES emulation, which aren't even that great on this card, get the supercard dstwo. Otherwise, get an acekard 2i.

Also, you will need a DS lite to upgrade only if you updated your 3DS to the latest version and made your flashcart incompatible with it.

3. fojacko
    OP

Member fojacko GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Emulation isn't great on DSTWO?

If so, i will just get the Acekard, or get a R4 so i can run r4 wood on it.

4. frogboy

Member frogboy lacking both style and grace

United States
    It's not that great. I recommend the Acekard 2i, since it's cheaper than the DSTWO, and more reliable than the R4.

5. levy01

Newcomer levy01 Member

United States
    Both are good options with great compatibility and updates. Just make sure you get the right R4i Gold. Yet if you wanna play gba games, get the DSTWO (supercard dstwo is a little bit more expensive than the other cards, http://www.gamekool.com/supercard-ds-two-scds2-for-nintendo-ds-ds-litedsi-3ds-p-340.html?zenid=2c91ba644cb784d4e3a7679b7f82af4c is the cheapest place i can find for u). You'd better upgrade the dstwo before updating the console, then you dont need a DSlite or phat to update once a new firmware is released