Hacking What flashcard should i get for the 3DS?

fojacko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a 3ds and i was looking for a good card, i have seen the Supercard DSTWO and i am thinking of getting that because it can emulate GBA games, is that the only flashcard that can do it or can some of the cheaper cards such as the Acekard 2i 3ds also emulate GBA gba games?

Also, does the DSTWO require a DSlite or phat to update once a new firmware is released? (it doesn't matter that much as i have 2 dslites)

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a 3ds and i was looking for a good card, i have seen the Supercard DSTWO and i am thinking of getting that because it can emulate GBA games, is that the only flashcard that can do it or can some of the cheaper cards such as the Acekard 2i 3ds also emulate GBA gba games?

Also, does the DSTWO require a DSlite or phat to update once a update is released? (it doesn't matter that much as i have 2 dslites)

You can either get a supercard DSTwo or an acekard 2i. If you really care about GBA emulation and SNES emulation, which aren't even that great on this card, get the supercard dstwo. Otherwise, get an acekard 2i.

Also, you will need a DS lite to upgrade only if you updated your 3DS to the latest version and made your flashcart incompatible with it.

fojacko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Also, does the DSTWO require a DSlite or phat to update once a update is released? (it doesn't matter that much as i have 2 dslites)

You can either get a supercard DSTwo or an acekard 2i. If you really care about GBA emulation and SNES emulation, which aren't even that great on this card, get the supercard dstwo. Otherwise, get an acekard 2i.

Also, you will need a DS lite to upgrade only if you updated your 3DS to the latest version and made your flashcart incompatible with it.
Emulation isn't great on DSTWO?

If so, i will just get the Acekard, or get a R4 so i can run r4 wood on it.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emulation isn't great on DSTWO?

If so, i will just get the Acekard, or get a R4 so i can run r4 wood on it.
It's not that great. I recommend the Acekard 2i, since it's cheaper than the DSTWO, and more reliable than the R4.

levy01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both are good options with great compatibility and updates. Just make sure you get the right R4i Gold. Yet if you wanna play gba games, get the DSTWO (supercard dstwo is a little bit more expensive than the other cards, http://www.gamekool.com/supercard-ds-two-scds2-for-nintendo-ds-ds-litedsi-3ds-p-340.html?zenid=2c91ba644cb784d4e3a7679b7f82af4c is the cheapest place i can find for u). You'd better upgrade the dstwo before updating the console, then you dont need a DSlite or phat to update once a new firmware is released

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, game boys per song?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I used to have a few of those with Direct Sound on XP and Audigy Platinum sound card with high end speakers was a glorious time for audio
    Lol no Gigabytes per song
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some websites have full studio rips of production kind of hard to find for obvious reasons
    +1
    Not sure current audio codec based sound built in to motherboards can handle the bit depth those used
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I say fuck it and open Spotify 80% of your musics already on it probably
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or just put in on yt
    Xdqwerty for most people hearing anything better than 256Kbps MP3 they cannot tell the difference
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    play the songs video
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Audiophiles mjs second allegation
    Pedo Audio what ever MJ was into he lost a glove
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mjs glove fit
    Billies Jeans did not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mj you are the father