OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry if any of the options don't make sense, but I'm new *blink*

Anyway, what do you have?

What do you like/don't like about your card?

What do you wish you had instead?

What are you planning to buy? (since ds-xtreme isn't out yet)

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The SuperKey is a NoPass, not a flashcart. Also, the DS-X has been out for a while now.

I own the G6 lite 4gb. It runs almost every game for DS and GBA, and drains the battery less than almost any other cart. Exact same size as the DS lite slot 2 dust cover. Homebrew support sucks, and more space would be nice, but I'm happy with my purchase.

eydaimon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SuperKey is a NoPass, not a flashcart. Also, the DS-X has been out for a while now.

ah. can't edit the poll now   
dry.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A bit of advice: Don't pay too much attention to the numbers the carts/cards get in reviews. Decide what features you need and what features you want, weigh the pros & cons and the price, and then decide based on that.

Don't put too much weight behind the views of other people, either. Some of the people here have very strong views about the merits of the various devices, and not all of those people understand that their opinions don't apply to everyone.

Some things to consider (in no particular order):
NDS compatibility
GBA compatibility
homebrew compatibility
removeable media vs internal memory
price
battery life
game manager(patching software) vs drag & drop
the company's reputation

deathspawn999: Fourth choice from the top. DS-X == DS-Xtreme

eydaimon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bit of advice: Don't pay too much attention to the numbers the carts/cards get in reviews. Decide what features you need and what features you want, weigh the pros & cons and the price, and then decide based on that.

Don't put too much weight behind the views of other people, either. Some of the people here have very strong views about the merits of the various devices, and not all of those people understand that their opinions don't apply to everyone.

Some things to consider (in no particular order):
NDS compatibility
GBA compatibility
homebrew compatibility
removeable media vs internal memory
price
battery life
game manager(patching software) vs drag & drop
the company's reputation

deathspawn999: Fourth choice from the top. DS-X == DS-Xtreme

all that said, but you didn't mention what you have and why?
smile.gif

sonicstorm

Gamertag: Calogero91 add me.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yay, G6 lite owns!
yaynds.gif
toot.gif

I love the incredibly easy software, but I dont like that I can't get it to fit perfectly in my dustcover when I modded it.

I plan to get either an Acecard, DS Link or DSX.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmmm, can only vote for one hey? I have a lot of those, and a few you don't mention as well (M3SD, EZ1/2, F2A, Neo2TF,XG) - though I have been steering clear of the G6 since I prefer adapters that use MM flash cards instead of onboard flash memory (and I already have a M3 anyway).

Right now, my day to day use favorites are the EZ4 and DSLink. My take on the EZ4 is, they aren't really trying to hide anything behind crypts and weird chip lockouts (and I like that from a programming perspective). The DSLink... gotta have something to fill that DS slot, and it's fairly well made too.

eydaimon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I did. In the first reply this thread got.
cool.gif

ah, sloppy of me not to notice
smile.gif
thanks. battery and compatabilty is what I'm looking for anyway. homebrew is less of a criteria.
ds-x looks nice though.

ease of use is definatly another criteria to consider as well although that could be what you meant by game manager.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So far the Acekard looks to be the hands down winner for NDS rom compatibilty, and the hands down loser for ease of use.

The manager is simply the program you use to patch the roms to work on the cart. All slot 2 carts need the roms to be patched AFAIK. The G6 manager (the only one I've used) is easy to use and has some nice features like rom trimming & soft reset.

The DS-X runs clean (unpatched) roms so it doesn't need a manager; you just copy the file to the card. The Acekard also runs clean roms but it has a funky filesystem so you have to use their (currently very buggy and feature-free) software to transfer the games.

stop_loading

Trophies
XP
Country
So far the Acekard looks to be the hands down winner for NDS rom compatibilty, and the hands down loser for ease of use.

The manager is simply the program you use to patch the roms to work on the cart. All slot 2 carts need the roms to be patched AFAIK. The G6 manager (the only one I've used) is easy to use and has some nice features like rom trimming & soft reset.

The DS-X runs clean (unpatched) roms so it doesn't need a manager; you just copy the file to the card. The Acekard also runs clean roms but it has a funky filesystem so you have to use their (currently very buggy and feature-free) software to transfer the games.

imo, acekard has the biggest potential so far, it's easier to improve the buggy client than to fix every single problem on ds games (ds-x, ninjapass x9)

but we have a microninja to look forward to (reviwed soon hopefully),

and also supercard and m3's version on slot 1 solution, who knows when these came out

as for me, currently i have 2 ds-es, 1 ds phat for me, and i bought a new dslite and i gave my m3 mini sd for my bro

i'm looking for a perfect solution to give him on his dsl and i'll just use the m3 mini sd, so far i'm keeping an eye on acekard

on slot 2 solution, it's impossible to run games without patching, so 100% compatibility without updates are almost impossible, so i'm looking for a slot 1 solution, once acekard has proven their client update support, i'll get it

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
where is ds-x ???? and ds-x is better than acekard? you have to patch stuff with acekard ? for saves

DS-X is better for homebrew & ease of use. Acekard is better for rom compatibility & price. You do not need to patch the roms for either, but the Acekard needs a program to transfer the roms.

The Acekard does not auto-detect the save type of the games, but the software does have a database of games & save types. If a game is more recent than the Acekard software you will have to specify the save type yourself.

on slot 2 solution, it's impossible to run games without patching, so 100% compatibility without updates are almost impossible, so i'm looking for a slot 1 solution, once acekard has proven their client update support, i'll get it
100% compatibility may require updates even with the acekard. If Nintendo starts using new types of saves the Acekard won't be able to save in those games at all until an update is released. Also, in order for the Acekard save system to not be a total pain in the ass you will need regular updates to the game database.

Still, it will be a good option if they really do support it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: get a used series X?