Hacking What Flash card should I use?

hyr00l

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty new to hacking games, I've never actually done a DS of any kind.
I have a 3DS with the new browser update, what card should I buy?
I originally had acekard picked out but after some lurking Supercard looks pretty sexy.
Should I fork up another 20 bucks for it?
And will I have to format my 3DS? I just added 20 e-shop dollars to it, so I'm moderately scared of losing those.
Opinions?
Oh, and I have the American model
smile.gif

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
The DSTWO, Acekard 2i and R4i Gold (r4ids.cn) are the only (decent) carts that work. I recommend a r4ids.cn over a AK2i, the DSTWO it is worth the extra money. (I own all those carts)

You don't need to format the 3DS.

It's region doesn't matter

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
acekard 2i should be enough if you really don't care about the SuperCard DSTWO's features (Real Time Save/Guide, free cheat, GBA emulator, multimedia support, DS2-exclusive homebrews, etc). Both carts have great team support and game compatibility (although acekard's compatibility update is now all up to the AKAIO team).

The SCDS2 is far more powerful than some other carts due to its built-in CPU (which means that it WILL drain some battery while the extra power is in use).

You will need a DS phat, DS lite or an DSi with firmware less than 1.4.0 (or 1.4.1 if the cart you bought was pre-flashed to work with 1.4.1). Don't do any updating on a 3DS - mostly the SCDS2, as it seems it had some problems on updating on a 1.0 fw 3DS.

You won't need to format your 3DS, but there are rumors that nintendo might ban you from Online gaming if you're using some unofficial software on it. >_>

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am using the DSTwo on the 3DS. Personal preference I guess, since I own almost all flashcarts out there(not the billion R4 varieties).

The DSTwo is a pretty solid card, no lagging, barely ever freezes. Just perfect in my eyes
smile.gif

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s4mid4re said:
You will need a DS phat, DS lite or an DSi with firmware less than 1.4.0 (or 1.4.1 if the cart you bought was pre-flashed to work with 1.4.1). Don't do any updating on a 3DS - mostly the SCDS2, as it seems it had some problems on updating on a 1.0 fw 3DS.
i've yet to see any real evidence of this other than some random person who has no idea how he bricked his DSTwo after the update

there are far more people who have successfully done it

(mind you this is only if you already have your dstwo working on the 3ds with the previous firmware)

hyr00l

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I've already updated it, I was thinking taking the SD card out and then formatting it, so it keeps most of my saves. I don't know anyone with a DS at all.
I figured my best bet would be to use my eshop dollars, put those games on my SD, and then format everything with the SD out, i think the only things I'd lose are my save Mii files, haha.

So
1. buy Acekard/Supercard etc.
2. Wait for arrival, get card set up for gameplay,
format 3DS, "install" card, and then redownload the newest update?

Idk I'm probably thinking to hard on this one T_T

hyr00l

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I please get a reply?
I'm waiting for it so I can buy one without having trouble.
Supercard on 3DS 1.0, then update y/n?

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
your best choice (by me) is to save a little more and buy a cyclo dsievolution.
It can play in dsi mode so some games have major upgrades.

hyr00l

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ilman said:
your best choice (by me) is to save a little more and buy a cyclo dsievolution.
It can play in dsi mode so some games have major upgrades.
I only but 20 on my debit card because I had the acekard picked out.
I just need to know if I could update the SD on a 3DS without a DS Lite, because I'll need another 60 bucks for one

chaos123456

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i remember reading somewhere you need to insert the CycloDS iEvolution into a DSi to switch it to DSi mode, is it true?
im currently searching for a flash card which can work with current 3DS firmware and can be updated from 3DS without any problem, but the more i search, the more confuse i am
frown.gif

xxteargodxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if an Acekard 2i will work (I don't own a 3DS yet) However if it does I say just get an Acekard 2i since it seems cheap and reliable. Only get the more expensive ones if you are going to be using the extra features.

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
xxteargodxx said:
I'm not sure if an Acekard 2i will work (I don't own a 3DS yet) However if it does I say just get an Acekard 2i since it seems cheap and reliable. Only get the more expensive ones if you are going to be using the extra features.
The AK2i does work with the 3DS 2.0.0-2 AFTER updating on a DSi/Lite/Phat.

@hyr00l Get an AK2i if you cant afford a DSTWO or won't use the extra features, otherwise get a DSTWO.

Nicole Luyben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hyr00l said:
I only but 20 on my debit card because I had the acekard picked out.
I just need to know if I could update the SD on a 3DS without a DS Lite, because I'll need another 60 bucks for one

Since you have updated your 3DS to V2.0.0 , you can not update your DStwo in your 3DS , you should use a DS or DSi to do it. Same as other flashcarts!

Druba

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I just can't deduct from the answers here if a supercard DStwo is the better choice or the cyclods Ievolution...

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Cyclo is the more expensive one but offers DSi mode as well (if i'm not wrong)

DSTWO is the 'cheaper than cyclo but still more expensive than others' cart, it offers enough features.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there