Not open for further replies.

zombiejesus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got a ds lite and my r4i isn't that great for newer games. So Im looking for a somewhat cheap replacement. I heard good things about the acekard 2i but I wanted to ask around before I got anything. Also I want it to be able to run the new golden sun.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
$13, and you can get an R4DS with 2gb memory card.
Install Wood R4 firmware on it and it plays everything. Trust me, even though it's an R4, this is the original R4DS and it's the most trusted R4 there is.

If SDHC is a must, then go for the Acekard 2i, it's $15 by itself and you can definitely use your existing microSD card, if it was 4gb or more. Make sure you use the unofficial AKAIO firmware for the Acekard since it is much better.

Both Wood and AKAIO firmwares are updated regularly, though I'm not sure if Golden Sun works on them currently, chances are they will be fixed promptly, ESPECIALLY in the case of Wood.

bsmonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
$13, and you can get an R4DS with 2gb memory card.
Install Wood R4 firmware on it and it plays everything. Trust me, even though it's an R4, this is the original R4DS and it's the most trusted R4 there is.

+1 for the r4ds. Someone gave me their ds lite when they bought a new xl. I ordered the r4ds from shoptemp, put woodr4 on it and threw in a spare 2gb card that I had laying around. I have about 35 games on it with about 30mb of space left for game saves. It has worked with every rom I've tried. For $6 it can't be beat. The only downside I can see is that it won't work with dsi, but I'm not planning on upgrading anytime soon.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you already have a memory stick, grab the R4 original off of ShopTemp. I would say other sites, but I don't know other sites that sell 1:1 clones of the original R4 that works with Wood.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think a new thread was necessary

You could easily have asked the question Here.

Welcome to GBAtemp.
I hope you get enough information to make your decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)