What flash card is considered best nowadays?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by FullgoreEXE, Dec 19, 2008.

Dec 19, 2008
  1. FullgoreEXE
    OP

Member FullgoreEXE GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Well.. Let me explain my situation - I have an R4 DS and it's served me fine thus far. However, I was wondering if there's anything better so I could get my cousin a nice b-day gift. Basically what he has is a DS lite, and no experience in flashing (however I could help him.. But I don't have much either, I just know how to use my R4 and my EZ Flash for my GBA).

2. DokiDoki98

Member DokiDoki98 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    M3 real is my favorite

3. DarkLG

Member DarkLG Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!

United States
    Right now it's Cyclo Ds.Now for DSi its Acekard 2.1i.

4. mrSmiles

Member mrSmiles mrSmiles {^_^}

Canada
    CycloDS, and Acekard2 IMO just be prepared to pay a high price for the cyclods

5. xSaeros

Newcomer xSaeros Member

United States
    I use an Acekard 2, it is extremely cheap ($12 w/ MicroSD adapter, MicroSD card sold separately); EXCELLENT card.

I wouldn't invest in an AK2i unless your cousin plans on getting a DSi. (No good reason for people to upgrade.)

6. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    CycloDS and M3 Real are the best M3 Real is better imo, not sure on the Ak2's

7. DarkLG

Member DarkLG Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!

United States
    Ok m3 real is not better than Cyclo Ds.

8. Sportsmaniac1322

Member Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Well, we managed to get another "which is the best flashcart" questions this week! It's the same answer everytime: CycloDS. Now is the price worth the extra features? That's up to you to decide!

9. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    acekard 2, Edge, SCDS1, choose whatever one is easiest cheapest, they are all cheap and work well for the average pirate.

the DSTT, whilst being the cheapest, isn't the most reliable, and considering all the above cost less than a single DS game any way the savings just are not worth the potential pain.

(the isn't a rule against putting duplicate posts in every "what flashcard do i buy" topic is the?)

10. shansoft

Member shansoft GBAtemp Regular

United States
    but too bad its already out a weeks ago [​IMG]

you cant see why people recommending M3DS real?

because you never have one, and never want to try one...

once you get into it, you will fell in love with it...

about CycloDS, it looks essentially the same as R4 with better firmware (support in-game txt, TS) and team support if you ask me....

11. MFDC12

Member MFDC12 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  12. Arno

Member Arno GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Either Acekard 2 or Acekard RPG (higher price, but with internal memory. Personally my favourite.).

I find it really funny how most people here are really set on the CycloDS as the BEST card. It's good. It's ONE of the best. But you're all too closed minded. (And I applaud the guy who reccomended the M3 Real, because it's also one of the best. [​IMG] )

13. dragon493

Newcomer dragon493 Member

United States
    I own both the CycloDS and the M3DSReal and I personally think Cyclo is best, then M3, then AK2

14. HDClown

Newcomer HDClown Newbie

United States
    I'm looking to get a flash card for my wife with it's primary (and likely only) use to be for games (all flavors). So a lot of all the extra stuff flash cards can't do are no biig deal to me. I need it to be easy for her to use (Drag and drop files to the flash card) and an easy to use menu system for games. Cost isn't a concern.

Would the CycloDS be the best for this situation?

15. Sportsmaniac1322

Member Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Actually I'd recommend the Acekard2. It's cheaper, but also easy to use. The CycloDS is easy to use also, but it's really for people who want the extra features and isn't really needed for someone who wants it to be easy. The Acekard2 is a great choice along with the M3DS Real.

To the person on top, I really do believe that the M3DS Real is sneaking up on the CycloDS as the top flashcart in the market. Once the official version of Sakura comes out, it'll give the Cyclo a run for its money. It has a great GUI with Sakura, RTS, and unmatched GBA support with its expansion pack bundle. Not to mention its media player is run directly from the GUI (a first for a flashcart) and is even better than the latest release of Moonshell. And even with the expansion pack bundle the M3DS Real is still significantly cheaper than the CycloDS. If you got an M3DS Real you won't be disappointed!