Hacking What firmware should I upgrade to for jailbreaking?

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So, i've got a PS4 that's been locked away since I got a PS4 PRO, disconnected from the internet, with updates turned off. It's on 7.50. I know it works on 7.55, but should I upgrade to that or the 9.00 for the most recent version of the hack?

I've jailbroken/softmodded a lot of nintendo consoles, but i'm still pretty new to Sony consoles. Advice is appreciated.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agree if your not on 5.05 then your best FW is 9.00 by defualt, just make sure you take out the usb after initiating the exploit. I updated both of my JB ps4's to 9.00 (Ps4 uncharted Ed was on 6.72/Ps4 Pro was on 7.02) Stability with recent new game compatibility on the fly.

Reactions: KuntilanakMerah

LegzRwheelz

Trophies
Scrolling here learning to mod my dishwasher
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought a PS4 with a low firmware, it's something like 4.05 or something like that. I haven't plugged it in since buying it because I bought a switch v1 at the same time and have been getting comfortable with that, now I'm changing my focus to the PS. Should I stay on this low fw or upgrade to 9.00? If I should stay low, would somebody please tell me why and which exploits/guide I should be using? I'll plug it in and check the fw if it's needed to fully answer my question. Thank you in advance.

KuntilanakMerah

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I recently bought a PS4 with a low firmware, it's something like 4.05 or something like that. I haven't plugged it in since buying it because I bought a switch v1 at the same time and have been getting comfortable with that, now I'm changing my focus to the PS. Should I stay on this low fw or upgrade to 9.00? If I should stay low, would somebody please tell me why and which exploits/guide I should be using? I'll plug it in and check the fw if it's needed to fully answer my question. Thank you in advance.
5.05 is the best firmware so far, you can use karo exploit or ps phwoar exploit

KuntilanakMerah

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for replying, what makes these so best and beneficial? Is there a cold boot exploit like hccb (haxchi cold boot) on the Wii U?
5.05 doesn't require usb connection to run the exploit, just install a cache, and have access to most of homebrew the only cons is you require a backport fix when you want to play a game above 5.05 and its very very stable just try upgrading your internal drive with ssd

we don't have permanent patch like henkaku enso on ps vita atm

Reactions: Danethos86

KuntilanakMerah

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
if you still use the hard drive you have to wait 2-5 minutes after booting the ps4 in order not to encountered kernel panics, on 9.00 you just run the exploit at the start no longer need to wait 2-5 minutes but you have to plug a usb everytime you run the exploits

if you're using ssd you no longer have to wait on 5.05

Reactions: LegzRwheelz

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can I play pkgs that are lower firmware? I have 9.0 can I play a game thats 7.55?
You absolutely can. It's the other way around that's the problem. If you're on a lower Firmware, you need backported games from games that require a higher firmware.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personally don’t see any reason to stay on 5.05 now. If you use rest mode on 9.00 then it’s kinda like permanent JB anyway. 9.0 is stable enough and means no messing about with backports, most needed/useful homebrew is now available for 9.00 as well.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Personally don’t see any reason to stay on 5.05 now. If you use rest mode on 9.00 then it’s kinda like permanent JB anyway. 9.0 is stable enough and means no messing about with backports, most needed/useful homebrew is now available for 9.00 as well.
I've found that it seems very stable and I've only had one weird problem where it wouldn't boot up from rest mode one time, so I needed to do a hard reset and run the exploit. But it's super easy to do, anyway.

Reactions: nikeymikey

Danethos86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im on 6.72 and have themes and tons games and emulators that are pre-patched for 6.72. If i upgrade to 9.0 will i lose anything or is there any incompatibility with any programs apps or hombrew with 9.0? Is there any issues with what i already have on console that need updates or new patches sense games pre-patched for 6.72? And will all preinstalled themes still work fine?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im on 6.72 and have themes and tons games and emulators and such prepatched for 6.72. If i upgrade to 9.0 will i lose anything or is there any incompatibility with any programs apps or such with 9.0 in homebrew front or what on console that need updates or new patches or such?
shouldn't lose anything. as for patches, you can upgrade to newer patches that there's no backport for by simply installing the fpkg over the backport or old patch. the system can only hold one patch at a time, so that's why say a backport is the entire patch.

Danethos86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shouldn't lose anything. as for patches, you can upgrade to newer patches that there's no backport for by simply installing the fpkg over the backport or old patch. the system can only hold one patch at a time, so that's why say a backport is the entire patch.
Also curius one on thing the usb needed yet with 6.72 i open browser click then play game. How much harder is new exploit sense im very accident mistake prone on simple tasks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Took along time to fit it in?