Hacking What firmware is your vita? Do we need to update or stay on 1.6.1?

Rjan22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am still on 1.6.1, because there might be a cfw, and I know if you update prbably your firmware will not be supported.

Do you guys think I need to stay on 1.6.1? And what's the latest version anyway?

whats is your take?

I don't want to make the same mistake like I did on my ps3?

Edtied: corrected something

EnigmaBlade

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah i think mine is the same.. the psvita updates are pretty crap, so it's not worth updating. I would only update if they fixed the remote play issues.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
i have 1.66(1.67 is not needed to use the psn), i do not see a hack for vita(vita mode) coming any time soon

and i have a few PSPs for PSP mode homebrew, so i do not need to use VHBL

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i can say for sure that ps vita games wont be pirated for a long time untill a brilliant cracker can find the way the ps vita works untill then even homebrew isnt sure as sony change firmware by weeks in order to stop it.
it bothers me though as i have a psp that there is no way to play my psp umd games on ps vita nor now nor in the near future ,thats the reason that i want exploits,a way to play what i own what i paid and not only new hardware locked to the average user( a reason that android is growing is its ability to be used in many ways with no restrictions)

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i can say for sure that ps vita games wont be pirated for a long time untill a brilliant cracker can find the way the ps vita works untill then even homebrew isnt sure as sony change firmware by weeks in order to stop it.
it bothers me though as i have a psp that there is no way to play my psp umd games on ps vita nor now nor in the near future ,thats the reason that i want exploits,a way to play what i own what i paid and not only new hardware locked to the average user( a reason that android is growing is its ability to be used in many ways with no restrictions)

Or you can use your UMDs on your PSP?

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

Or you can use your UMDs on your PSP?
well lets see ps vita screen better upscaling of games too
no i upgraded to ps vita for those things and i know that if they werent so greedy they would allowed free download from psn network for those that have them...

Supernova741

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I just update, a psvita exploit will take a long time, and it will only be a matter of time till they start to force updates in the games.

derrace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
My PS Vita just arrived today. Came with 1.06. Is there any reason to update except for accessing PSN? I mean, are there any significant gains to updating to 1.67?

Overwhelming

Trophies
XP
Country
Forget about CFW for Vita. Sony has already shown they can make their consoles hacking proof. PS3 is one example (only after many years it was cracked and even then, it was corrected). 3DS is another example, now. Vita, WiiU and the next gen consoles will be hacking proof.

I know, most people have a blind faith on hackers, thinking that anything will sooner or later be hacked. Well, start doubting now.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forget about CFW for Vita. Sony already shown that can make they're consoles hacking proof. PS3 is one example (only after many years it was cracked and even then, it was corrected). 3DS is another example, now. Vita, WiiU and the next gen consoles will be hacking proof.

I know, most people have a blind faith on hackers, thinking that anything will sooner or later be hacked. Well, start doubting now.

Although once the PS3 was hacked I've heard that it just blew the entire system, in terms of hacking, wide open. Kinda like a complicated knot that, once you pull a single string, the entire knot comes undone.

But I still wouldn't be gearing for Vita hacks any time soon, at least nothing relating to the Vita itself (PSP-related hacks like running PSP homebrew is a maybe). The Vita seems rather secured and if there's a potential hole, it's usually plugged.

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
really the most troubling part for me is the way sony handles their consoles ,that is shown by releasing updates without unleashing potentials only to close holes in homebrew,also they keep using their own format memory cards that they are making rather expensive.what we have is a beast in power undeclocked and locked in every aspect in order for them to gain more profit.there is even lock in accounts per memory card.
in the future i believe if they keep pushing the attitude you dont buy the hardware-software you rent it they will loose many customers,as they dont support their clients

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Gravity rush required an update, so I updated. As far as I'm concerned, it's as simple as that.

No console in unhackable, it's just that new gen consoles require different techniques than previously. Techniques that have yet to be discovered or made publicly known.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night