Hacking What firmware is this on my Acekard?

SpiralTrance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi i've had a replacement acekard 2i sent to me because my old one was faulty. My old was genuine but didn't work because the locking mechanism on the micro sd slot had broken. The new card hasn't got a anti-countefiet sticker on it and neither is there a number on it. I tried the new card on my nephews DS Lite and it seemed to work ok, a few roms wouldnt load though. This is the logo of my old Acekard 2i :-

icon%20of%20acekard2i.jpg

And this is the logo of new one :-

acekard_2i_in_dsi.jpg

Does anyone know what firmware this is? Is my card a fake/clone? When I tested it I put Akaio 1.8.7 on it

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
if it is showing the old acekard logo then the bootloader hasn't been updated, meaning it should only work on the old dsi firmware and the ds phat and ds lite. in akaio, goto start > help, and then read the HWID of the card. if this is an old card (HWID 44) then you will not be able to update it to the most recent dsi fix. if it is a HWID 44 i would ask to get it exchanged for a new HWID 81.

run the boot loader update to get the 1.4.3 compatibility restored, which will also give you back the dorasu game icon.

you can find the tools you need at www.acekard.com.

-another world

SpiralTrance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:
if it is showing the old acekard logo then the bootloader hasn't been updated, meaning it should only work on the old dsi firmware and the ds phat and ds lite. in akaio, goto start > help, and then read the HWID of the card. if this is an old card (HWID 44) then you will not be able to update it to the most recent dsi fix. if it is a HWID 44 i would ask to get it exchanged for a new HWID 81.

run the boot loader update to get the 1.4.3 compatibility restored, which will also give you back the dorasu game icon.

you can find the tools you need at www.acekard.com.

-another world

Many thanks for the advice. I tested it on a DSi v1.4 earlier and it ran ok. On the DSi the logo was the Alex Stormbreaker game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.