What firmware is the Mario 3D World Bundle?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by skydancer93, Dec 16, 2015.

1. skydancer93
    OP

skydancer93 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2015
    United States
    I'm looking to buy a Wii U for Loadiine and it's basically down to either Mario Kart 8(which has been reported to have later firmware) or the Mario 3D World Bundle(which has last been reported at 5.3.2).

Did ANYONE here buy it recently and have had higher than 5.3.2 on it?

I need to know since I plan on selling my Destiny Taken King PS4 to get it and I don't want to sell my PS4 unless I get a Wii U with that firmware or lower.

2. Antonio Ricardo

Antonio Ricardo GBAtemp Fan

Apr 29, 2013
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    I know Mario 3D World Bundle is 5.1.2.
    You will need Mario Party 10 or Splatoon to update to 5.3.2.

Last edited by Antonio Ricardo, Dec 16, 2015
  3. skydancer93
    OP

skydancer93 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2015
    United States
    I've seen that, but I'm more trying to see anyone who bought it recently in the past month or so. I want to make doubly sure because I'm basically trading system for system and don't want to get rid of my PS4 unless I get exactly what I need. It's still listed as a bundle on Nintendo's website which makes me worried a bit. Also, it's not like the N3DS where there's a big database to go by.

4. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    This doesn't really help, but I bought a Super Mario 3D World bundle, but it came with physical copies (Bought it off ebay). which came with 1.0.3, so old!
    I don't think anyone has ever reported a SM3DW bundle that didn't come with 5.3.2 or lower. It's almost guaranteed at this time. Nintendo hasn't made any newer production of SM3DW bundles, what I think personally.

Edit: This thread shows serial keys and firmwares https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-serial-number-database.404967/

So buy it, look at the serial number on the box itself, and return if you don't think it's the one you need.

Last edited by MattKimura, Dec 16, 2015
  5. Synestra

Synestra Member

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2015
    Indonesia
    Mancave
    Same with Matt, i bought SM3W and Nintendo Land bundle and come with 5.1.2 , and i update it with Mario Party 10.