What firmeware does the new 3DS come with?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by blazingwolf, Dec 14, 2014.

1. blazingwolf
    OP

blazingwolf GBAtemp Fan

Jul 30, 2007
    United States
    I've been out of the loop in the 3DS scene for awhile, and haven't touched a flashcart since the days of the DS.

I noticed that Gateway has a new version of the hack coming out that works on newer firmwares, so I'm ready to take the leap and buy the new 3DS. But if I buy one now, what firmware will it come with? I can't find any info on the net about this.

Also I know very little about 3DS hacks, but as new firmwares come out, does it make it impossible to to play new games? Like I know with the PS3 new firmwares caused new games not to work due to keys signining newer firmwares and APIs and stuff. Does this apply to the 3DS and loading backups? Is someone who is using a 4.5 3DS and a Gateway not have any issues with new games?

2. blazingwolf
    OP

blazingwolf GBAtemp Fan

Jul 30, 2007
    United States
    *firmware

3. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Vanuatu
    Jap = 8.1
    Pal = 9.0

4. blazingwolf
    OP

blazingwolf GBAtemp Fan

Jul 30, 2007
    United States
    NTSC?

5. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Vanuatu
    doesnt have a release date yet.

6. blazingwolf
    OP

blazingwolf GBAtemp Fan

Jul 30, 2007
    United States
    I didn't notice it wasn't out in the US. It probably ships with a higher FW, I guess I'll go with a Sky3DS? This sucks, they jumped the gun a bit with this one.

7. flabulousfreddy

flabulousfreddy Advanced Member

Banned
    Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Mine came with 8.1. Although there were reports of some people getting N3DS LL's at 9.1

8. CharlesB

CharlesB Newbie

Newcomer
    May 17, 2014
    capz likes this.