What extra work do you need to do when the Drive Pins are cut?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Drkirby, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Drkirby
    OP

Newcomer Drkirby Advanced Member

United States
    A friend of mine wants to mod his Wii, but it comes up that the drive pins have been cut. What extra work do I have to do in order to install it?

And while we are here, might as well ask, whats been going on in the Wii Scene in the last month. I blink and suddenly it seems the flood gates opened.

2. mercluke

Member mercluke ‮҉

Australia
    you need to get a dremel and grind away part of the chip to expose the legs which have been cut and solder directly to those legs, this can be extremely hard if you dont know what you are doing, and i suggest you not try it if you are a soldering noob as you may stuff up your console.

3. ejp

Newcomer ejp Advanced Member

Have a look at the wasabi chip - it doesn't use the legs that have been cut and is an easy install on the drives with cut legs - no need to dremel and no ic legs to solder to.

4. Critical_Impact

Member Critical_Impact GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Couldn't you use one of those modchips that just slips over the top of the drivechip? That'd be a hell of a lot easier and if you needed to send it back you could just pull it off. I'm pretty sure its the WiiClip or something.