Hacking Question What exactly is the best setup to preserve my 1.0.0 Switch's fuses and cartridge slot?

Sayora

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got a new 1.0.0 Switch to use for CFW and was wondering what CFWs can load which firmwares So I have a few questions. I've been kind of out of the loop ever since I decided to stop hacking my main switch out of fear of getting banned. Last I heard it was just discovered how to fix the battery desync problems.
  1. Does AutoRCM guarantee no fuse burning with all released CFW?
  2. Does SX OS burn fuses or cartridge slot?
  3. Does SX OS emunand burn fuses or cartridge slot?
  4. Does atmosphere burn fuses or cartridge slot?
  5. Does ReiNX burn fuses or cartridge slot?
  6. Does RajNX burn fuses or cartridge slot?
  7. What are the ups and downs of current cfws?
  8. Is there a way to use exfat on 1.0.0?
  9. Are there any functionality differences between the firmwares?
  10. Does the SX OS dongle allow linux loading?
  11. Is a nand backup always able to restore a brick?
  12. Does SX OS XCI loading known to lead to a ban?
  13. Does NSP installing of backups or homebrew lead to ban?
  14. Have people who save edited Fortnite on the Switch got their Epic Games account banned as well as the switch?
  15. Do all sysnand/emunand of a switch get banned together?
  16. Is there an unban that still works.
Sorry if a lot of this is well known but up to date information seems to be quite scattered. Thanks! :)

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wont answer all that individually as its a waste of time. And someone correct if I'm wrong with any of this.

The fuses burn right before the firmware boots up. So if you use RCM and go into the bootloader, you skip the fuse burning process. So once you go into RCM mode and then ANY CFW or OFW, your fuses are safe. The reason why AutoRCM is suggested is because in the case of where your Switch crashes and reboots, you might accidentally burn a fuse. With AutoRCM enabled, it ensures that even after a unexpected reboot, you'll cycle back into RCM mode and the device will wait with a black screen for a payload to be injected. As for differences between the CFWs, there's nothing noteworthy. They pretty much all allow homebrew and the ability to install NSPs.
I'm not sure if exFAT works on anything past 2.0.0, but if you're upgrading without burning fuses, I dont think this even matters as the newer firmwares obviously work. Besides, when you're in RCM mode, exFAT always works even if the actual firmware doesnt support it. So you can still do a NAND backup onto a exFAT card with Hekate, and then load the CFW with FAT32 if you want.

Can't answer any ban related or SXOS questions as I dont have experience with those.

Last edited by Rune,

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got a new 1.0.0 Switch to use for CFW and was wondering what CFWs can load which firmwares So I have a few questions. I've been kind of out of the loop ever since I decided to stop hacking my main switch out of fear of getting banned. Last I heard it was just discovered how to fix the battery desync problems.
  14. Have people who save edited Fortnite on the Switch got their Epic Games account banned as well as the switch?
Sorry if a lot of this is well known but up to date information seems to be quite scattered. Thanks! :)
1) Yes if you use chordujor nx to update your switch every time you update.
2) I dont think it burns either if you use chordujor nx.
3) No it doesn't burn fuses.
4) Same answer as 2.
5) Rajnx is the same thing as atmosphere (just a outdated build last I heard)
6) SX is the best in my opinion due to XCI loading, Cheat support, hard drive support, and emunand support. All the other cfws have the same features except they lack the features of sx I listed above.
7) You might be able to install the exfat update using chordujor nx but I'm not sure
8) 2.0 and above has the eshop and 5.1 and above can use custom themes. The most stable firmware for homebrew is 5.1 though.
9) You can not load linux using the dongle.
10) In most cases, yes.
11) Yes it can lead to a ban but the risk is lower than nsp installing.
12) Yes and the risk is greater than xci loading but if you use emunand the risk is the same or lower than xci loading on sysnand.
13) I dont know about that one...
14) Yes if you get your sys or emunand banned both nands get banned.
15) There is no unbanning method and there will probably never be a unbanning method.

Reactions: beats1234

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. 99% guarantee. You will burn fuses even with AutoRCM if you update officially as all system updates fix boot0 which is where AutoRCM is installed. ChoiDujour/ChoiDujourNX are the only tools that can update the system while keeping boot0 corrupted aka AutoRCM intact
  2. SX OS burns fuses on Version 1.0 and doesn't bypass the fuse check in Version 1.1 but after that, it does prevent fuses from being burnt. But the cartridge slot has a number of mixed responses so assume it does not protect it
  3. See #2
  4. Atmosphere is a CFW so it has nothing to do with fuses. The only thing that deals with fuses are bootloaders such as Hekate, ReiNX, SX OS, etc. Atmosphere does come with its own bootloader named Fusee which does protect against fuses. As for the cartridge slot, by default Atmosphere doesn't block it but there are nogc patches you can apply with Atmosphere to protect it.
  5. ReiNX does protect against the fuses. As for the cartridge slot, it does not protect it by default. To enable protection, you have to make an empty and extension-less file named "nogc" (without the quotes of course) then place it in the /ReiNX folder
  6. RajNX is dead
  7. They all have their own quirks and features. SX OS is paid for but has HDD, cheat, and EmuNAND support. ReiNX is easy to setup while Atmosphere shows a lot of promise in the future (both ReiNX and Atmosphere are free)
  8. No
  9. Depends on the firmware you are talking about
  10. No
  11. If the battery is burnt, then yes
  12. Yes
  13. Yes
  14. I don't believe so but I haven't heard any reports of people having their account getting banned
  15. Yes
  16. There was, is, and will never be a way to unban consoles

Sayora

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah thanks! Are the nogc patches only supposed to work on 4.0.0+? Because gamecarts are still working with them on 1.0.0.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah thanks! Are the nogc patches only supposed to work on 4.0.0+? Because gamecarts are still working with them on 1.0.0.
Yup because those are the only firmwares where the gamecart slot would get updated. Even if you have it enabled on a firmware below 4.0, as long the slot hasn't been updated, you can still play retail cartridges so there is no need to disable it once you downgrade.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-