What exactly is RTC Alarm and can I do anything about it?

empithree

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Just a few days ago, I noticed that my switch turns on again after powering it off from Horizon.
I read around, there's mentioning RTC Alarm that can be turned off by hekate option. Aaaannnd that's it.
What is it exactly? And is there anyway to turn the RTC Alarm off outside of hekate.
thanks in advance

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thanks a lot @binkinator.

By the Way RTC is the acronym of Real Time Clock, is a electronic device which almost any computer device have, that device keeps date and time on it and have a very accurate clock, so the main OS have not to deal with time operations, the RTC and works aside of the computer, normally is battery powered and do not loose his configuration or time even when the computer is turned off.

Sometimes you can "program" that device in order to generate an action at a specific date and time, by example, you can program that RTC to turn on (or off) the main device or trigger an interruption; that's a RTC Alarm.

On Switch you can program the RTC to turn on the device at a time, even if you had previously turned it off by the HOS.

Hekate can be configured to turn off the device if was turned on by a RTC alarm in order to avoid the battery drain.

empithree

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia

Ok this much i get it from my research. how to put the line in hekate ini file and whatnot.

On Switch you can program the RTC to turn on the device at a time, even if you had previously turned it off by the HOS.

Can you please share how to use the RTC function as in to turn on or off the device? is there any settings in HOS itself that i wasn't aware of?

Reactions: binkinator

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
in HOS is really no much you can do about RTC, is hardcoded on HOS what after you shutdown the system the RTC turn on the console after 15 seg, on Hekate you can setup what to do on that case, if turn off the console or show Hekate logo and turn off console.

Reactions: binkinator

empithree

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
in HOS is really no much you can do about RTC, is hardcoded on HOS what after you shutdown the system the RTC turn on the console after 15 seg, on Hekate you can setup what to do on that case, if turn off the console or show Hekate logo and turn off console.
but not everyone is affected by this issue? there's nothing triggering it or had it set up beforehand?

empithree

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
People turn their Switch off?
haha... yeah. i have Trinket M0 installed, so travelling will be convenience. can turn off and on whenever i want. but because i never turns off before, thus caught me by surprise when the unit turns back on by itself

Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb