Hacking What exactly is HANS? Newbiequestion

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After searching the GBAtemp threads I couldn't find any good threads on what HANS is exactly. Perhaps some insight would be nice? What can I do with it? If there is already a thread on this, feel free to lock it, but please give me the link to the thread before doing so :)

Reactions: yuyuyup

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HANS is a homebrew app that can enhance the performance of your games, hence the name.

You can do things like:

*Force change the languaje a game runs on (games usually take console languaje by default, in some regions systems don't have several languajes so games never access those in-game launguajes even when developers fully translated their games).

*Adds region free.

*Allows in-game screenshots.

*Can force change the cpu clock rate (N3DS only since it has higher capacity than o3DS, which translates to faster loading times and less frames drops than o3DS would).

*Can read romhacks from the SD card.

Last edited by Tony_93,
Reactions: yuyuyup

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the expense of battery life.

In smaller games it may not make a big difference but I will still take Resident Evil Revelations, MGS 3D and Monster Hunter 4 with less frame drops and faster load times any day...

Seriously, why release a revision of your system with better hardware when games aren't even going to use the boost that the enhanced hardware can give you? That's more than lame in my long list of Nintendo's nonsense decisions.

But N3DS exclusive titles can use that extra hardware right? Well, Nintendo has also failed to release new titles that make use of that too, other than Xenoblade which looks like crap... And Isaac Rebirth which I'm pretty sure o3DS could play just fine with proper optimization.

Last edited by Tony_93,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.