Hacking What exactly is EZ Flash 3 in 1?

greghacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Hi all! I am considering buying a cycloDS with a micro SD.

I read some of the topics here, about issues compatibilities and whatnot.

I want to ask you some things.

First of all, I will not play any GBA games on my DS, my emulator is just fine.
I will not use stuff like Opera browsers, Custom MP3 players or E-Book readers or whatever.
Nor will I play homebrew games.

Just regular NDS RPGs. Compatibility for the latest games is not that much a problem
because I will start with the first RPGs that came for the DS years ago. So I'm hoping
any problems with the curent ones will have been fixed by the time I play them.

Keeping that in mind, I have been to Realhotstuff.com as suggested by many members here
and read ther description abou EZFlash. Will I need it for the sole purpose of playing games ?
( I dont care if they have rumble pack and I cant access it)

Will I encounter a future problem with only a CycloDS and a micro SD?

Also, I have an Action Replay cart for my DSlite. From what I get it will not work with the Cyclo,
but instead I can download a cheat list to have in my Cyclo along with games and work from there right?

That's it, sorry if I have missed things that are obvious.

morphius

The King of the Cosmos
Trophies
Website
pachimod.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
From the sounds of it, you will NOT need the 3in1. It is only used by the cyclo for gba games and ram expansion for opera. You will not run into future problems not buying the 3in1 if you dont want to do those things.

AC/DS

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd just add to what the above poster said, that EZ Flash 3in1 also has a rumble pak which is supported by some DS games. It is far from necessary, but it can improve the experience. I personally just like the idea of having it in a handheld...
That being said, many people complain that rumble pak is more annoying than useful as it makes a hitch-pitched sound when rumbling.
/shrug

greghacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Ok thank you very much!

I proceeded and ordered mine from Techwizard.co.uk as Realhotstuff's
final price was 70 Euros including importing Tax. I bought for 42 Euros the standard bundle
of CycloDS evolution and a Kingston 2GB card.

I was hoping to order through UK amazon but they didnt have the Cyclo.
frown.gif

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
greghacker said:
Ok thank you very much!

final price was 70 Euros including importing Tax. I bought for 42 Euros the standard bundle

frown.gif
..................i can only imagine the reason...

greghacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Sir-Fritz said:
greghacker said:
Ok thank you very much!

frown.gif
..................i can only imagine the reason...

Meaning?

I dont know really, I have used amazon for books so far and it has been without fail.
But as for electronics, I thought I could give it a shot.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
The Cyclo got banned from Amazon UK. I got it mine last year from Amazon UK, long before it was banned. Dunno why it's just the Cyclo since other flashcarts are still sold on it. I suppose it is becoming "the new R4" in the sense that it's becoming the new well-known flashcart.

striderx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
morphius said:
From the sounds of it, you will NOT need the 3in1. It is only used by the cyclo for gba games and ram expansion for opera. You will not run into future problems not buying the 3in1 if you dont want to do those things.

morphius... true those are the primary functions of the 3-in-1 but using Rudolph's Tools, the Backup tool in particular, you can do other things too.

NDS Backup Tool 3in1 v0.31 (2008/1/29)

Using this you can dump ROMs from commercial carts and also dump and restore save games from commercial carts too. Been playing a game on a commercial cart but wish you continue that game on your flash cart? Dump the save file and then dump the ROM (or get it somewhere else) and start playing on your flash cart. Yeah there are utilities, Rudolph wrote one too, that let you do this via WiFi from your DS to your PC. But frankly those methods are finicky, slow and tie your to the PC to do it. Pop a 3-in-1 in Slot 2 and leave it there. Now you can dump save files and ROMs anywhere.

Just another thought on the subject...

striderx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.