What exactly is Dipstar?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Gaisuto, Nov 27, 2006.

Nov 27, 2006

What exactly is Dipstar? by Gaisuto at 2:33 AM (1,200 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Gaisuto
    OP

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    Is it some Gameshark like thing for Flash Cart games? Is it only for DS games or can you use GBA games with it too? How do you put it on an M3 SD?

2. Fondue

Newcomer Fondue Advanced Member

Yeah, it is a Gameshark like thing.

I have been unable to get it to work with the M3, so I cannot answer your other questions. (Note: I have not tried very hard to get it to work. The documentation is lacking, and you cannot get a straight answer from anyone on how to get it working. No one seems have a solid way to get it working. But, if you look around, you will find millions of ways to install it.)

It appears though that the M3 software has it built in, I just do not know how to use it. But from what I gather, you get codes from "somewhere", past them into the text files of the m3 game manager, then upload the game. Note that this is all theory.

Note that I have researched this subject quite a bit, but there are so many different theories/ideas on how to get it to work that I became confused and just gave up. (There are not many/any games that I would use it for, so the drive to figure it out was not really there.)

3. RyuKakashi

Member RyuKakashi GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Dipstar uses it's own codes (or converted action replay codes) to cheat in games.
    For M3, put the game on ur m3 like you normally would, then take that patched .nds and patch it again with m3dip.exe, drag it back into the flashcart.

It's suggested to not use to built in loader m3dip because it's said to be buggy.

Then load up dipstar.gba in gba mode to manually type in codes or use TXT2SAV or whatever it's called to patch dipstar.gba in slot X (self slot) with the codes in a txt document. Boot up the M3, press A once on the gba, press A once on the NDS, press A to load the autosav and then hold X as it loads.

My explaination might be faulty but it'll help you get the idea of how it works.

And tada cheats work or wahtever

4. romeoondaline

Member romeoondaline GBAtemp Fan

United States
    RyuKakashi dude is there a easier way to load it
    i mean i was like lost like after the first sentence
    Not really but kno wat i mean

5. RyuKakashi

United States
    when you think about it, it's really simple but i'm not good at making tutorials
    1)take game from m3
    2)drag onto m3dip.exe
    3)put game back onto m3

4)get a list of codes and save into a .txt
    5)open the txt with txt2dip and write it to a dipstar.gba with the slot "X. SELF SLOT (Rom Direct)"
    6)put dipstar.gba onto m3 (direct copy through my computer)

7) Load up your M3. Scroll down to dipstar.gba. Press A
    8) Goto the game you made the cheats for(whatever game the codes in ur txt was for)
    9) Press A and a again depending on if you use autosave or not (most likely you do) and as it loads, press and hold X

I can't really put it any simpler because I'm bad at teaching.... m3-forum.com or gbadev.org forums for further help.

6. romeoondaline

Member romeoondaline GBAtemp Fan

United States
    its kewl but where do u get the list of codes??

7. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Even more simple:
    1) Put game on flash card. Leave it there.
    2) Drag game from flash card onto m3dip.exe.
    3) The file on the card is modified directly.

8. RyuKakashi

United States
    i believe his name is g6flavor or something like that, but someone is posting lots of dipstar codes in the g6 forum of gbatemp.

m3-forum also has a subforum for cheats